Clearlight Audio RDC 5 Cones & Turntables.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm thinking of investing in some RDC 5 cones to go under the rubberised feet of my RPM4. Apparently you can get certain sonic improvements but I was wondering if anyone has actually tried them (or similar) and noticed any difference?

A

Anonymous

I've just checked and unfortunately they're stuck-on!

If the new RPM5's feet are conical then it suggests that RDC cones might indeed provide an upgrade of sorts for the RPM4, sound-wise.

A

Anonymous

Has anyone tried using RDC cones with a turntable and actually heard a difference?

A

Anonymous

Yes I have used them with CD players in the past - I had the RDC cones and cups that I used with my Sugden Masterclass CDP for some time and they were a definite improvement.

I still use the cups underneath my Torlyte platform now, with my Gryphon CD player.

Can't really go wrong with the RDC cones in my opinion. Otherwise the Stands Unique Carbon Fibre Isolators are also excellent and I use those under my amps.

A

Anonymous

Yes, most of the reviews of RDC cones I've read involve testing them with CD players. I was quite surprised to learn that you place them under the chassis as opposed to the feet themselves for the best results.

I've come across only one review of the RPM4 which mentions that improvements can be heard with cones (in terms of detail, top-end and midrange scope & a more dynamic bass) although that was with Audioquest sorbothane Little Feet. I assume RDC 5 cones would do a similar job though?

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if RDC is rated higher than sorbothane in terms of vibration damping?

A

Anonymous

What about a granite chopping board, combined with Audioquest sorbothane feet? My hi-fi stand is an Alphason Akros AP-46/5 (with spiked feet) and the RPM4 sits on the top shelf which I believe is made of MDF. Perhaps this is isolation enough?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts