Clearer Audio Copper-Line Alpha mains lead please please help.......

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I've found the Play TV unit has been freezing my entire PS3 just a few minutes after starting it. This seems to happen no matter what I do i.e. even just watching a demo I've downloaded from the PSN store or playing a game. As soon as I unplugged Play TV it stopped happening. Have to say I've not done anything about it as I now use my Philips HD PVR for everything...

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:JohnnyV111:dirtydean:

Hi

Would this be any use (IEC to Figure 8 Adaptor) then you could use any mains cable

http://www.cleareraudio.com/onlinestore/Accessories.html

Dean

Why would anyone buy an expensive mains cable then run it through a £5 adaptor?

because in my experience they work

I second that, I use a copper line alpha with one of these adaptors on my SKY+hd and it works a dream.

JohnnyV111

May 31, 2010
Visit site
markjaspi:aliEnRIK:JohnnyV111:dirtydean:
Hi

Would this be any use (IEC to Figure 8 Adaptor) then you could use any mains cable

http://www.cleareraudio.com/onlinestore/Accessories.html

Dean

Why would anyone buy an expensive mains cable then run it through a £5 adaptor?

because in my experience they work

I second that, I use a copper line alpha with one of these adaptors on my SKY+hd and it works a dream.

Surely it is a waste of money to use a quality IEC connector as part of the cable if it is just going to go through a very cheaply made plastic and metal adaptor? Or does the quality of the IEC or fig 8 connector makes no difference?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
JohnnyV111:
Surely it is a waste of money to use a quality IEC connector as part of the cable if it is just going to go through a very cheaply made plastic and metal adaptor? Or does the quality of the IEC or fig 8 connector makes no difference?

A mains lead is completely different from a cable thats sending information (Interconnect, speaker cable etc). The best mains supply you can get is a perfect signwave and completely free of any RFI

If a mains cable reduces RFI then the connector at the end is going to make VERY little difference

Ive physically cut hardwired cables and fitted a female IEC to them and plugged a decent mains cable into that. In actuality, on one of components this made the biggest difference by far (Which I was pretty suprised with)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
dirtydean:Have you had any problems with your Play TV frezzing while just watching tv or changing chanel????

Well, after applying 3.41 update (for PS3, not PlayTV), everything now seems to be behaving itself so worth a try if you haven't done so. Wiki insinuates that an original update 3.41 "initially caused issues when upgrading the harddisk with this firmware on some systems. This was fixed with an updated version of the firmware with the same version number on August the 2nd".

So not sure if it's down to the fact that we've both upgraded our hard disks? Doesn't explain why after removing PlayTV everything worked, but all seems well now anyway
emotion-1.gif

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
professorhat:

dirtydean:Have you had any problems with your Play TV frezzing while just watching tv or changing chanel????

Well, after applying 3.41 update (for PS3, not PlayTV), everything now seems to be behaving itself so worth a try if you haven't done so. Wiki insinuates that an original update 3.41 "initially caused issues when upgrading the harddisk with this firmware on some systems. This was fixed with an updated version of the firmware with the same version number on August the 2nd".

So not sure if it's down to the fact that we've both upgraded our hard disks? Doesn't explain why after removing PlayTV everything worked, but all seems well now anyway
emotion-1.gif

Thanks Professor

The problem was there aleady before I'd upgrade my hard disc, one of the reasons for putting a 500gb in. I thought the old hard drive was stalling and freezing the ps3. It only happens when play tv is on, even though after the update 3.41 it seems to freeze on the browser as well now and made no difference to play... When i put the new hard disc in the hard disc slot was full of dust witch in turn lead my to open the full unit. I dont know may be theres still some dust in there causing something to get hot. But strange it mainley only happens with play??? i might borrow the father inlaws play tv box and try that, see if that makes a difference...

Dean

Ps sorry if theres any spelling mistakes, im the worlds worse at spelling..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts