Clearaudio Maestro MM cartridge - any problem?

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello to everybody,

yesterday I pressed by mistake slightly the arm whilst playing and it bounced gently back on the vinyl...and kept playing. Now I am stressing as it seems sound is not the same anymore. It might well be all my imagination, but I am not an expert at all on turntables and cartdridges. Do you think I could have damaged something?

Look at the 2 close pictures I managed to take of the cartridge

Thanks a lot

IMG_6303.JPG

IMG_6290.JPG

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Is it normal that (in second picture) the angle between needle and whatever is its body is not 0 degrees (so it is not a straight line)?

If you want to see hi-res pic please go here: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-37QsY_TBKBw/T6_-nY3kqYI/AAAAAAAAAVA/eW-NLxU9RSA/s1024/IMG_6290.JPG

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Are you still worried about the SQ?...I'm out of this game so long that I can't remember precisely the angle of the stylus from the body, but I don't believe it stuck out straight, though it straightened up a bit when the weight came on after being placed on the record. If you don't get a better answer here, check with the dealer.

I never damaged mine, even after the odd mishap.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Are you still worried about the SQ?...I'm out of this game so long that I can't remember precisely the angle of the stylus from the body, but I don't believe it stuck out straight, though it straightened up a bit when the weight came on after being placed on the record. If you don't get a better answer here, check with the dealer.

I never damaged mine, even after the odd mishap.

Ahaha, yes! But I guess it's all my imagination! I am actually very much enjoying the Performance with the EAR phonostage, a great combination. Looking forward to balance also the digital source as now I am listening almost exclusively to vinyls...the difference in SQ is really evident...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts