Cleaning a flatscreen

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After months of ultra careful watching and cleaning with the softest of feather dusters,I've got a mark on my flatscreen that won't come off by the normal methods.

Any suggestions anyone??

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare. Think I'll try it on my bedroom lcd before letting it loose on my pride and joy.

A

Anonymous

I've used some IXOS stuff on my Samsung LCD that sits in my kitchen, it works quite well. I haven't used it on the Plasma however, i use a microfiber cloth and nothing else for that.

The spray is a gel like consistency which appears to be a lot better than most other screen cleaners i have tried for PC/laptops...

I believe i seen it for sale in Curry's of all places....

A

Anonymous

looks like i will be paying currys a visit. i managed to spray warm baby milk over my telly the other day, and its left rings on the sreen.

A

Anonymous

erm, ever thought of using a cheap baby wipe? Asda brand or some such, I am told they work, although I have not had occasion to use them myself as yet.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="D.J.KRIME"]I have found the best way to clean a flatscreen is to let the Wife do it.[/quote]

NOOOOOO!!!! Keep that polish away!

A

Anonymous

Good topic.

I contemplating a Philips set over a Samsung unit purley based on the fact - the Philips has a glass screen over the LCD panel.

Plus, with a 5yr old in the house it should limit any knocks to the screen!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]We haven't tested it, but this could do the trick.

And with a 14-day money-back guarantee,guess you can always return it if it doesn't work.[/quote]

I use this and it works very well. It can be purchased from ebay £7.00 cheaper than Argos

A

Anonymous

I've yet to try it on a big flat screen, but Solution 30 from American Optical with a microfibre cloth is typically very good. Buy it from Opticians.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Another advantage of a Plasma over a LCD as where it has a glass front it is far more simple to keep clean with a simple wipe with a microfibre cloth with no real need of any solutions. Just keep the kids away from it!

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
I clean my plasma with Windolene wipes, is that wrong!! It seems to works well, especially for removing my 4 year olds finger prints.

A

Anonymous

I most definately wouldn't use Windolene. I've purchased a product from Philips called Philips SVC2540/10 Plasma & LCD Screen Cleaner for £7. So far it's been great.

A

Anonymous

I use a homemade solution of half isopropyl alcohol, and half deionised/distilled water with a microfibre cloth. Works brilliantly on laptop screens, LCDs, glasses etc.

Cheap too. Approx £11/litre for isopropyl, £1-2/litre I think for de-ionised water. Isopropyl also has lots of other uses.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts