ok.it's came to that time of year where our tips are split for christmas and i'm planning to up my phono stage as it's now getting on for 12 years old,nothing wrong with it mind but have just got the 2m blue cart and the project xperience classic from the good advice from you guy's and enjoying it immensely,but i think more can be had from a change in the pre-amp section.So sugestions would be welcome but iv'e heard good things about the njc headphone amp and wonderig if anyone has heard their phono stage,also trichord dino 1,2 or is it worth shelling out for the 3rd itterationof this well regarded stage.Or should i just forget the whole idea and treat the wife for christmas,she has basically bowed to my every HI-FI whim this year.(in other words if i'm not going to get much gain from a new stage)lol.cheers for your input guy's it's much appreciated.

Mark Rose-Smith said:
ok.it's came to that time of year where our tips are split for christmas and i'm planning to up my phono stage as it's now getting on for 12 years old,nothing wrong with it mind but have just got the 2m blue cart and the project xperience classic from the good advice from you guy's and enjoying it immensely,but i think more can be had from a change in the pre-amp section.So sugestions would be welcome but iv'e heard good things about the njc headphone amp and wonderig if anyone has heard their phono stage,also trichord dino 1,2 or is it worth shelling out for the 3rd itterationof this well regarded stage.Or should i just forget the whole idea and treat the wife for christmas,she has basically bowed to my every HI-FI whim this year.(in other words if i'm not going to get much gain from a new stage)lol.cheers for your input guy's it's much appreciated.

Treat the wife and, who knows, maybe she will let you get something better in th future.

In my opinion money better spent on a new cartridge rather than phono preamp as it will give a bigger improvement than a slight upgrade to preamp.

Hi alears,the 2m blue is a month old and tt two weeks,I'm sure you were one of the people who already suggested I upgraded my cart from om10 on my old expression,so the next thing is that stage,I know it won't bring a huge difference,but when I get my next cart,I want the stage for it to already be in place.It's going to be an expensive one.well for me anyway.

Mark Rose-Smith said:
Hi alears,the 2m blue is a month old and tt two weeks,I'm sure you were one of the people who already suggested I upgraded my cart from om10 on my old expression,so the next thing is that stage,I know it won't bring a huge difference,but when I get my next cart,I want the stage for it to already be in place.It's going to be an expensive one.well for me anyway.

I can understand that. You'll need to decide if you want to stick with moving magnet cartridges or whether, at some point, you might look at moving coil types before you ultimately go out and buy the phono stage. Let us know what your budget is likely to be.

I still think you should treat the wife though. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts