Christmas decorations: How early do...

....you get yours up?

We don't get ours up until the 2nd week of December.

I'm convinced Christmas starts earlier every year: Mince pies in the supermarket in August, Christmas songs on the radio in the middle of November....

IMO Christmas loses it's magic if festive stuff is sold or seen too early.

We don't bother with outdoor decorations or lights. No point as hardly anyone passes our bungalow. Inside is a different story: we have a 6 foot artificial tree with lights, tinsel and baubles, lights around the kitchen window and living room windows; ceiling decorations in the living room and hallway.

But none of this goes up until the middle of December.

I understand that.
I did stage lighting for several years, can't resist playing around with coloured lights.

Did aim some flashing lights through my front door last Christmas, to give the facing neighbour a bit of colour.

(Haven't seen her since, hope she weren't epileptic 😵‍💫).
Funny you should mention flashing lights. I can't have flashing lights in a dark room - it gives me migraines. That's why I rarely go to the cinema. A huge screen has the same effect, hence why we don't have a 50" TV.

A slow flashing light is fine - twinkle

Gray

Funny you should mention flashing lights. I can't have flashing lights in a dark room - it gives me migraines. That's why I rarely go to the cinema. A huge screen has the same effect, hence why we don't have a 50" TV.

A slow flashing light is fine - twinkle
'Contains flashing images' is the warning we often see on TV.
And yet, while the football pundits were talking, behind them were massively bright, fast flashing lights on the pitch.
I wondered how much consideration had been given to sensitive people in the crowd, not much apparently.
(There were rules on the flash rate of strobes in clubs years ago).

Reactions: WayneKerr
'Contains flashing images' is the warning we often see on TV.
And yet, while the football pundits were talking, behind them were massively bright, fast flashing lights on the pitch.
I wondered how much consideration had been given to sensitive people in the crowd, not much apparently.
(There were rules on the flash rate of strobes in clubs years ago).
So true.

The last time I went to the cinema, years ago took my daughter to see WALL-E, I had to take a couple of Paracetamols (other painkillers are widely available) about 20 minutes beforehand.

Oddly I'm okay at concerts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts