Chord QBD bluetooth problems

millerman

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site

I am having trouble with the bluetooth connection between my laptop and my Chrd QBD.

The laptop identifies the QBD and accepts the code. Then gives an error message of not installed
properly. This is doing my nut in. My Iphone docks with it OK , I don’t understand
it. Ha anyone got any ideas.

Thanks in anticipation

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
If it's a Windows laptop, does the Chord show up as a Bluetooth device in Control Panel -> Devices and Printers?

If it does, you might want to try to remove it (right mouse click -> remove), then try re-discovering and re-pairing.

PS ... are you using the built in Bluetooth of your computer or using an apt-x Bluetooth dongle? I recommend you use the latter for better quality over Bluetooth that the standard Bluetooth audio codec. They cost about £40. I have a Chordette Gem and the improvement with apt-x Bluetooth streaming is quite noticeable.

millerman

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Tino

Thanks for the reply, I am using a windows based laptop and have tried your suggestion of deleting and re connecting. It still doesn't work, also it shows cannot find hardware drivers??.

Your last point is interesting , I am using the inbuilt bluetooth and tbh I'm it that fussed about the sound quality. I use spotify to determine my next purchases. It's an interesting point though.

Thanks again

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Can you check the Bluetooth drivers ... for example does you PC sync with any other Bluetooth device?

You should be able to check the presence of, and update the Bluetooth drivers in the Windows Device Manager (Control Panel -> Device Manager).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts