Philips M2BT - Bluetooth problems

ClydeFrog

May 22, 2009
Visit site
Read the great reviews so bought a pair. They look well made and sound great with a physical connection.

Unfortunately, when I paired them to Bluetooth, only the right channel came thru from any of my devices -- various Macs, iPhone and Astell & Kern AK100 all with latest patches, all fully charged etc. Same devices worked perfectly with other Bluetooth boxes.

Contacted Philips tech support in the UK but they ignored me - or respond so slowly its effectively the same. The online seller responded immediately.

For the price, disappointing quality and service. Perhaps the whole team is out in Las Vegas launching these in the US, or it's outsourced to some reseller or distributor that thinks customers and brand aren't important.

I never had these problems with Grado, Senheiser, Sony headphones etc.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Not surprising. When I was on the Philips Facebook page and talking with their rep Kevin, I asked Kevin "Why is the Philips Fidelio M1 being delayed 4 months for release in the U.S., compared to Europe? Is it because they are re-tuning the M1 for U.S. consumers?" At that point, after our previous positive communications on Facebook, Kevin would no longer answer. And then I got the M1, with its sound so muffled it wasn't listenable. So I never got to find out what their design objective was for the M1.

ClydeFrog

May 22, 2009
Visit site
I don't know the specifics in this case but products going back and forth between UK and US can lead to odd price changes and weird compromises, none of which are necessarily justified by market conditions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts