Chord QBD 76 DAC versus Chord 64 DAC

Charlie Jefferson:Has anyone heard them both or know them well?

I'm tempted.

Hi Charlie Jefferson

The QBD76 improves on the DAC64 by offering ease of use, connectivity, styling (imo), technology and performance. As good as the DAC64 is i don't feel you'll go back to it after listening to the stunning QBD76.
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys.

I'm sorely tempted to go and listen. I also note there's one on eBay at the moment too. York is a lot nearer though.

The added functionality isn't a big issue but obviously performance is.

Currently, my DAC is the hub for Lossless streamed music from my Mac, CDs from the Arcam and BD/DVD from the PS3. And naturally, the newer Chord would facilitate all that too.

I wonder how much I could safely reckon on if I sell my current Chord 64, roughly? Any ideas of an approximate, anyone?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson:Thanks for the info guys.

I'm sorely tempted to go and listen. I also note there's one on eBay at the moment too. York is a lot nearer though.

The added functionality isn't a big issue but obviously performance is.

Currently, my DAC is the hub for Lossless streamed music from my Mac, CDs from the Arcam and BD/DVD from the PS3. And naturally, the newer Chord would facilitate all that too.

I wonder how much I could safely reckon on if I sell my current Chord 64, roughly? Any ideas of an approximate, anyone?

Is it black Charlie? I would be interested so please contact me (I'm sure Andrew, JD, Clare or someone will give my email details).

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Gerrard,

It's not black, it's in silver, unfortunately.

I'm still at the preliminary stages of possibly purchasing the QBD, but things sometimes move quickly when the urge takes hold.

However, do let me know if the silver version is of interest to you.

Cheers,

Charlie.

A

Anonymous

at circa 2k GBP, the chord is a bargain. Quite simply the best DAC you will hear. The 64 is great also and its a question of money. Your set up looks like you would benefit greatly from the DAC especially as the mac source is just not as good as a cd player.

Can I ask what the difference is in signature B&W speakers?

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
woollyjoe:
at circa 2k GBP, the chord is a bargain. Quite simply the best DAC you will hear. The 64 is great also and its a question of money. Your set up looks like you would benefit greatly from the DAC especially as the mac source is just not as good as a cd player.

Yes, I'm very tempted by the thought of the QBD, and that's without hearing it!

Woolly Joe, I'm not quite sure what you are saying in relation to the Mac to DAC sound, when compared to the CDP to DAC sound. I have to say that the Mac is at least the equal of the Arcam. So I presume the newer Chord DAC would lift the whole performance of all digital stuff.

Regarding your speaker question: do you mean in relation to previous speakers? If so, incredible gains in all areas, most notably bass delivery. If you mean what's so different about the Signatures, then I'd have to know in relation to what exactly?

woollyjoe:

Hi woollyjoe

The QBD76 with it bespoke technology is indeed a stunning DAC
emotion-1.gif
and i am glad you are also happy with its performance.
emotion-2.gif

Thanks for your support.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts