Chord Mojo interconnect for Android?

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi - I've got a Chord Mojo and want to connect to my Android Phone (Sony z3).

Annoyingly, the box contained a full-size USB to USB Micro-B, which is great for connecting to my laptop.

Chord have said that the USB Micro-B to Micro-B is not included, but I cannot find them anywhere at a sensible length.

I can use a female standard USB to Micro-B, but that's bulky. Similarly I've ordered a 2m Micro-B to Micro-B, but don't fancy having 2m of cable coiled in my pocket.

Does anyone know where I can buy a Micro-B to Micro-B which is 20cm long?

Lindy seem to make one, but it's out of stock.

thanks
BA

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
thanks - there's a LOT of info on that thread.

I think I've read all of the relevant stuff (after clicking on about 30 links and reading various sub-forums), what I seem to have discovered is:

USB (normal, female) to USB Micro B is easy to obtain and costs about £1 on ebay.

USB Micro b male/male is available in the US from Moon Audio for $60-100, and available in Japan for Y????++ from Audio Technica.

Lindy sell a cheap one via amazon. 20cm is out of stock. 2m is in stock.

No-one seems to see this in the UK.

Chord, rather unhelpfully, say "you need a USB OTG male male Micro B" but don't sell one.

Not sure why this should be so difficult, and if it is that difficult why Chord don't bundle an iPHone/Android cable with the device to make it truely a source of MObile JOy, not mobile frustration!

The cable they did supply doesn't look any more expensive than the hundreds of other usb/usbmicro cables i have, so a shame they don't supply the hard-to-find-but-necessary cable with a premium product...

Ho-hum...

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
thank you - will give it a go. It's not stated to be OTG compatible so it may not work as the pin configuration in a USB output is different to trigger the output device into slave mode...

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Is this one of the problems to be solved by the add-on modules for the Mojo, mentioned at the time of the launch, but about which things have since gone a bit quiet?

Do any of the WHF staffers (yeah, I know, but I live in hope), or does anyone else, have any further information about when they're set to become available, how much they'll be, and whether they'll solve this cabling problem?

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Big Aura said:
thank you - will give it a go. It's not stated to be OTG compatible so it may not work as the pin configuration in a USB output is different to trigger the output device into slave mode...

http://www.delock.com/produkte/G_83570/merkmale.html?setLanguage=en

says it is otg. That's why I said look at the powersharing cables, as one of the ends has to be otg in order for it to able to be a powersharing cable.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Is this one of the problems to be solved by the add-on modules for the Mojo, mentioned at the time of the launch, but about which things have since gone a bit quiet?

Do any of the WHF staffers (yeah, I know, but I live in hope), or does anyone else, have any further information about when they're set to become available, how much they'll be, and whether they'll solve this cabling problem?

Watch this video, and the add-on modules do get talked about. It sounds like a gradual drip feed of modules, with the more interesting ones, still a few months away.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/dacs/interesting-video-interview-john-franks-chord

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts