chord crimson plus or cobra plus?

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Whch interconnect will be the best for my system, nad c355bee amp, nad c545bee cdp, ma rx 6 speakers. Music rock and metal.

I don't lijke bright highes.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Chord cobra plus was a good improvement to my old Merlin Mozart, when I changed a few years ago...

Can't remmeber exact details but I think it added more depth to bass, clarity and detail to the highs...

Mozart is a similar price to the crimson plus, but looking at your system, I think the high priced one would be worth it.....

Maybe ask your local dealer for each to demo at home and decide for yourself?

(watch out....the non believers will be flocking soon.... :silenced: )

T

the record spot

I suppose why just those two against any other copper based interconnect that's available on the market?

A

Anonymous

Having owned both and upgraded from the Crimson+ to the Cobra+; it was a good move

Depth of soundstage and bass kick was more punchier and detailed; mids and highs were just as good as the Chord cables are very good for not letting the top-end become harsh or bright...

Both will work very well though in your system so maybe stick to the Crimson+ for now ;)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
hifilover1979 said:
Having owned both and upgraded from the Crimson+ to the Cobra+; it was a good move

Depth of soundstage and bass kick was more punchier and detailed; mids and highs were just as good as the Chord cables are very good for not letting the top-end become harsh or bright...

Both will work very well though in your system so maybe stick to the Crimson+ for now ;)

What do you know?

(...only joking
smiley-smile.gif
)

peterpan said:
Whch interconnect will be the best for my system, nad c355bee amp, nad c545bee cdp, ma rx 6 speakers. Music rock and metal.

Hi peterpan

The basic interconnect which should have been supplied with your C545BEE will do the trick nicely. Thereafter if you want to alter the balance/presentation of your system then use the tone controls on the C355BEE amplifier.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

T

the record spot

If it's of any help (but may add to your cable debate), I recently swapped out some Atlas navigators and put in some old Computergear interconnects. The latter cost me £7. They're staying, the Atlas ones are going on Ebay.

nads

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
peterpan said:

Cobra.

If for any reason you still need it smoother, look at Van Den Hul speaker cable.

Dave and if you had seen the OPs other posts ( the OP seems to repost and rept the same topics) you would have seen their dislike of their CS-122. Oh hang on my be you did and suggested some basic cables. I lose track as here are some many threads form this poster asking the same....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts