Chord Company ClearwayX ARAY Analogue RCA

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
In case this concept eludes your mental capabilities, ALL reviews are opinion! DUH!
In case you are unaware, a perceptible difference in sound, which is what is alleged in this review, can be detected and measured.
Some reviews, in other publications, will include charts and measurements to back up an opinion.
Your attempt to deride the previous comment with your use of block capitals really doesn't contribute to the debate around whether high cost cables make an appreciable difference.

Reactions: WayneKerr and DougM

DougM

May 29, 2022
Visit site
In case you are unaware, a perceptible difference in sound, which is what is alleged in this review, can be detected and measured.
Some reviews, in other publications, will include charts and measurements to back up an opinion.
Your attempt to deride the previous comment with your use of block capitals really doesn't contribute to the debate around whether high cost cables make an appreciable difference.
I wish I could upvote you more than once. Any difference detectable by the human ear can be detected and analyzed with much greater accuracy by a relatively trivial machine, and the analysis of that machine can generate an accuracy score.

The fact that audiophile devices are not analyzed this way tells me all I need to know about whether or not I should spend money to buy their 'improvements'.

Friesiansam

I wish I could upvote you more than once. Any difference detectable by the human ear can be detected and analyzed with much greater accuracy by a relatively trivial machine, and the analysis of that machine can generate an accuracy score.

The fact that audiophile devices are not analyzed this way tells me all I need to know about whether or not I should spend money to buy their 'improvements'.
Also, just because a small change may be detected by measurements, doesn't necessarily mean you'll be able to hear anything noticeable.

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
The one that got me was the HDMI cables for £150 (possibly Chord) that improved motion, colour, detail and sound. That was my first negative thought about reviews and the publication which I was quite sad about.

What hifi did a blind test of blu-ray players I seem to recall. Some people preferred the picture of the cheaper Sony than more expensive players IIRC. I wonder if nothing had been changed and those viewing were asked to look for differences, if they would have found any?!

I would like to see some objectivity in the review process and some 'science' to explain differences in sound, picture or any other relevant variable, depending on the item under review.

The television reviews are the ones I look at most as a subjective opinion is more relevant I think.

As for cables and racks, not convinced at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts