Chord Cobra3 or Atlas Equator MKII?

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I used a Chord Cobra3 to connect my dacmagic to my receiver for some time, but since that interlink was only 50cm long, I had some placement-issues on my rack.

So I bought an Atlas Equator MKII last week and fitted that one.

But as I already posted in another topic, the difference between those two cables is pretty big. The Atlas being brighter, having a wider soundstage, displaying more details(or is that because it's brighter?).
So I'm looking for other opinions about those cables. Is the Cobra3 outgunned by the Atlas (although the Atlas cable was less expensive).

Which cable is best to connect a Dacmagic to a Denon avr1909?

T

the record spot

Those of you seekign to upgrade your cables might like to check out Weymouth Hi Fi's offer (and perhaps elsewhere, but I get their newsletter) of big savings on some Atlas cables - over half-price in some cases, so some £250 cables, for instance, have come right down.

Here's the link to the appropriate section of the site: http://www.weymouthhifi.co.uk/website/cables.htm

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Oooooooh, that's so tempting. But is it worth it for mortals such as myself? Are those fancy ICs going to enhance my system or expose weaknesses?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts