Chord Cables: Bright!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently managed to get hold of a pair of Chord Rumour2 cables for my system (see below). I find that the sound has become rather bright and the speakers have lost all their bass and lower midrange presence. The only improvement noticeable is more treble detail, and this at the cost of musicality. The system has become slightly unpleasant to listen to over longer periods of time. I'm thinking of going back to Van Den Hul, for their warm-yet-detailed sound... Any recommendations would be greatly welcomed! (My old Van Den Hul Clearwaters have become too short after some minor redecorations)

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
chord seem to be rather bright as does qed silver anniversery.why not ask your dealer if he will loan you a pair of vdh cables and use the chords as a sort of deposit.dnm is nice cable you could try that.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="gregory"]if he will loan you a pair of vdh cables [/quote]

He already got a pair Greg
emotion-1.gif

I think VDH roll off too much for my taste but many seem to love them!

A

Anonymous

how much did you pay for the rumour? You can get qed xtube 350 new off the reel on e bay for £10.50 a metre,rrp is £15 p/m.I demo'd it against chord odyssey and it was pretty good.Plenty of weight and detail without any excess brightness up top. I found the odyssey to be too bright with my old MA S1's. DNM reson mark 2 is a great cable and would go very well in your system.Its a good match with mon audio speakers. its a bit cheaper at about £6.15 p/m online. rrp is £7.95. its not as good as the xtube 350 though.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Nurse, nurse, there's someone here who thinks cables have an effect, Dispatch Keith McAlpine to the drug cupboard to get some sedatives.

I use a vdh d102 III and it is lovely, and I'm happy with my QED SA XT. It will be interesting to hear my new cables when I hook them up to my ystem as they are unbranded and bought from an eBay shop - see link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270208522097&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=017

A

Anonymous

Just checked out the link.......I'll be interested to find out how they sound too

A

Anonymous

Strange how I found the opposite with chord cables.....with my kit the chameleon silver plus didn't do it for me.......sounded warm and neutral! The atlas in comparison is crystal clear without sounding too bright.......just my own observations with my own components

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I'll let you know Sam but it's likely to be 6 weeks as my new kitchen has been delayed a little and it would be stupid to put the speakers in before all the dusty works happens.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts