Chord Atlas Co-axial - Toslink thing - Apple Airport Exp

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Trying to get savy on all this but still confused.

Getting an Apple Airport Express for birthday in a few days - yippee.

Want to stream itunes from pc / iphone to Sony AV amp.

Have got a digital lead - but only co-axial - Chord as titled.

Can i use it with an adaptor Toslink thing I do I need to get a digital optical lead ( which I think I do ).

If i am as suspected wrong, what toslink adaptor do people recommend ( do I need an expensive one ) and can you recommend a decent optical if thats the only option ?

Hopefully I can use my very decent and loved Atlas and save some dosh ?

Please advise.

Ta v much.

daveh75

You need either an standard optical cable (toslink) plus a mini-toslink to toslink adapter like this for example, or an optical cable with mini-toslink on one end and toslink the other....

And i personally wouldn't spend more than a few quid on cable/adapter, but i'm sure others will be along to disagree!

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Right , got it, sorry you had to spell it out to me !

So I have to get a new lead.

Any recommendations please as per the original post ? Whats working well for those that are already using this set up please ?

Personally, i like to keep things as tidy as possible, so any advice on the optical one end and toslink the other would be greatly appreciated.

Dont mind paying for a decent lead, even if its the placebo effect but nothing too much. I presume Apple must do a decent lead themselves but I am guessing they charge silly money ?

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
emotion-2.gif

If its good enough for you ........

You seem to be in the know so its on its way.

Thanks for the advice daveh75 - ordered one today, will hopefully arrive Monday. Along with my Airport Express, woop woop.

Ta v much.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts