Choosing a budget amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My old amp has finally given up .Can you recommend a good budget amp that will allow me to play my Rega turntable and Mission 700's. Dont laugh, they still sound great!

A

Anonymous

Trust me, nobody will laugh at that! Times havn't really changed!

I would go for something like the Rega Brio 3 - phono-stage built in, nice and powerful, lovely Rega sound - will match your turntable and you can get one for just over £300 - that is asuming you want to spend that much. If you want to spend more or less, just say!

A

Anonymous

That's fine!

New: Marantz PM4001 - you can get it for £99.99 in Richersounds!!!
Used: Rotel RA-01/RA-02 etc - you can get them for around the same price on ebay.

All the best!

A

Anonymous

Have a gander @

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3494

or

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=CAMB-AZUR340A-BLK

Both fairly well thought of amps afaik.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Hughes123"]I would go for something like the Rega Brio 3 - phono-stage built in, nice and powerful, lovely Rega sound - [/quote]

Its a good choice and worth the few pounds over a nad and probably the cambridge though I'm not familiar with that one. I know you have a budget but they are there to be broken ok. Look at it as a long'ish term investment over the next couple of years til you upgrade again. The extra £150 or so quid work out at perhaps £6.00/month, £1.50/week, £0.21/day. Now if you buy the Copland ...
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]Now if you buy the Copland ...
emotion-11.gif
[/quote]

Don't you just love items that are, like the Copland, P.O.A?! Is that what you bought Drummerman (the CTA 405?) How much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking... : )

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I went to richer sounds and asked if they had a demo 640V2 amp and I paid £200 for it, but if you asked them for the 540, bet you could get it for 150quid....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts