Chinese Hi-Fi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good evening everyone
emotion-1.gif

I truly love my hi-fi and would like to hear the views of others that have tried or own chinese made hi-fi. I have had the usual brands prior - Marantz, NAD, Arcam, Cambridge Audio and Rotel and what I have now sounds so much more refined and 'high end'.

They look and feel a million dollars too.

Thank you.

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Do you mean hifi made in China, or originally produced in China? I've heard little about hifi produced in Hong Kong, they look great, but I have not yet discover any of them since I am more interested in UK brands, rather than the USA and others.

Hong Kong is a country produces high-end hifi stuff in their brands.

A

Anonymous

Quad is now Chinese made, but it still sounds the same as it ever did, same as many British manufacturer's entry level speakers.....

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Some receivers made in China, Yamaha and Onkyo made in Malaysia, it is the companies' decision to invest in the respective countries where labour costs are cheaper, without compromising their brand standard & quality. The retail price thus can be reduced in globally competitive market. Good economic strategy for hifi lovers

A

Anonymous

Fact - almost every hi-fi company in the world now manufactures in China, and even if they don't say so in the box, the circuit boards and/or components used are more than likely to originate from China. Why? Economies of scale.

These Chinese companies now employ a strict quality standards and detailed Standard Operating Procedures and it's extremely difficult to find a company that isn't BSI 9001 certified. These companies are no longer 'fly-by-night' operators.

If you find the words 'Engineered in the UK' on your product, then you can rest assured that these were designed for your particular market, but manufactured at a modern and approved facility in China.

So, the chinese would think - why build all of these hi-fi components for all these foreign manufacturers when we possess the technical expertise to produce our own products for the domestic and foreign markets that can better their products?

There are loads of quality hi-fi components out there with weird sounding names. I've listened to a few cd players and amps, and I'm frankly impressed with the quality of these components.

Will I eventually buy these components? I may, if the support structure was in place - good after sales service and dealer networks. At the moment, E-Bay appears to be the only sales channel.

A

Anonymous

EvilWolf:
Fact - almost every hi-fi company in the world now manufactures in China, and even if they don't say so in the box, the circuit boards and/or components used are more than likely to originate from China. Why? Economies of scale.

These Chinese companies now employ a strict quality standards and detailed Standard Operating Procedures and it's extremely difficult to find a company that isn't BSI 9001 certified. These companies are no longer 'fly-by-night' operators.

If you find the words 'Engineered in the UK' on your product, then you can rest assured that these were designed for your particular market, but manufactured at a modern and approved facility in China.

So, the chinese would think - why build all of these hi-fi components for all these foreign manufacturers when we possess the technical expertise to produce our own products for the domestic and foreign markets that can better their products?

There are loads of quality hi-fi components out there with weird sounding names. I've listened to a few cd players and amps, and I'm frankly impressed with the quality of these components.

Will I eventually buy these components? I may, if the support structure was in place - good after sales service and dealer networks. At the moment, E-Bay appears to be the only sales channel.

With your kit I wouldn't bother looking at Chinese gear - unless you just give up the Primare and give it to me
emotion-1.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Graham_Thomas: With your kit I wouldn't bother looking at Chinese gear - unless you just give up the Primare and give it to me
emotion-1.gif

Your MF3.5 is just as good imo.

Anyway, Usher speakers are made in Taiwan (China) and they are absolutely superb. Shanlin, Opera Audio, Jolida etc... they are awesome HiFi when you compare sound per pound.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I certaintly did not think I would buy a chinese cd player to replace my Marantz cd63se, I had in mind to buy another marantz cd player. I tried the cambridge audio 640c v2, Nad c542, Arcam cd73t, Marantz cd5001; 6002; 7001 etc. I ended up buying a opera audio consonance cd-120 linear. It was more musical and analogue sounding than the others. It was also not lightweight weighing around 8kg with a metal remote.

Now I have no issues buying chinese products, the sound won it for me and its often cheaper.

Cheers,

Steve.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Recently purchased a Shanling MC3000 for the Billiard room and have not been disappointed at all. Will be looking to a speaker upgrade soon to improve sound as well a more expensive valves to heighten the expierence,

The MC3000 has everything I wanted and no other product came close in features, style or sound,

Cheers, Chewie

A

Anonymous

The Consonance CD-120 Linear and the Shangling MC3000 are both excellent products.

A

Anonymous

chinese hifi are cheaper compared with us's and europe's, and some porducts has very high quality, higher than us and europe ones in the same price range. if you just want to establish hifi system in a small or middle budget, you can choose chinese brand. but if you want extreme enjoyment and sounding pleasure, chinese hifi manufacturers dont have such class of product like krell, pass labs , dynaudio......etc

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts