chinese audiolab

evo6tme

Apr 17, 2008
Visit site
prices of secondhand british audiolab are inflated becouse they are suposed to be far better than the newer china made units. has anybody actually listened to them side by side,becouse some 15 year old kit is selling for 90% of the new price ... mad
emotion-7.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Had the old 8000S for a (very short) while and listen to the 'new' one on regular basis when comparing though never together. Both sound very similiar if not the same if memory serves well.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="evo6tme"]
prices of secondhand british audiolab are inflated becouse they are suposed to be far better than the newer china made units. has anybody actually listened to them side by side,becouse some 15 year old kit is selling for 90% of the new price ... mad
emotion-7.gif

[/quote]

In the majority of cases - and certainly this one - the myth of Chinese lack of quality in the hi-fi sector is based on ignorance and/or xenophobia.

I have no problem with the desire to buy British, but I wish it didn't have to be so often accompanied with sweeping generalisations about kit built elsewhere.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I think the point he (evo6tme) tried to make was that british made Audiolab s/h values are overinflated rather than far eastern manufactured stuff is inferior. He's got a point.

evo6tme

Apr 17, 2008
Visit site
I was conserned with the sound quality and not where its made. yes i would pay for british made if there is a noticable increase in performance, But as i suspect a very slight difference is being exploited by people trying to sell there second hand equipment. I for one am edging towards bying new (which means chinease) as ex demo with warrenty can be sourced for the same monney as 15 year old british made ...

No brainer really
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts