Cheeky sales rep

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Oh, agreed and it sounds like you really would have to spend a huge amount money than you did when buying the Sugden kit. Its just that there is always something better out there and I'm surprised that they didn't make some more long-term suggestions for you to mull over.

They probably would have matthew if i had originally gone in saying i wasn,t happy with my kit, which i didn,t, they just surmised that i would be happier with the demo equipment they had which as the guy admitted was a waste of time

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
johnnyjazz:David, your spot on as ever about build quality and little improvements over the years on amplification, your vast knowledge about hi-fi is truly amazing, you should hire yourself out as an independent re-viewer

Cheers Johnny

To be honest, I'm struggling to have a good listen to new products as it is with being busy in store and helping on forums, without doing anything else! Also trying to get a new web page online is eating away time, and also a secret little project waiting in the wings....

It just comes from being a hi-fi enthusiast. I've been doing this for 20 years now, and I was into hi-fi since I was about 7 because of my dad and his system. Having worked for 3 major and 2 independent retailers in that time you pick up a lot of knowledge on a lot of products naturally, and it helps knowing how other products that you don't keep sound. It's funny when you get someone come in store to upgrade their system and they tell me they have a certain pair of speakers from the 70's, and they're quite amazed that I know which ones they have and how they sound, and they're even more amazed when I tell them the price of what they need to replace the with!!
emotion-1.gif

Would be nice to review though......

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
johnnyjazz:They probably would have matthew if i had originally gone in saying i wasn,t happy with my kit, which i didn,t, they just surmised that i would be happier with the demo equipment they had which as the guy admitted was a waste of time

That's something you have to recognise straight away - there's no point demoing something to someone when you know it's not going to give the customer what they want - unless they want to hear it for themselves of course.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts