Channel feedback

gasolin

Not shure if i should have called it channel feedback but couldn't remeber what it was called

I have had problems with my soundcard that is usb 2.0 , it was connected to my mb thru a usb 3.0 port, set the input to tuner or video which is next to aux, connected my cable to a usb 2 port and rebooted and sound was fine but was strangely low.

Still had it on video ( atleast one of the 2 imputs next to aux) and there a weak but noticeable sound from aux, cd was fine, phono had som weak crakeling noise like there where some static electricity,noise from my turntable.

This thing where inputs next to the one that is used,active is playing the sound,music, is normal for a cheap amp (although my amp isn't a low budget amp is still a reasonable priced amp), it's called i can't remember but not uncommon.

Why does it happen to some amps?

I asume it's just live with it, it doesn't decrease sound quality since aux doesn't effect cd and phono and i don't play a cd that effect the phono input next to cd and vice versa, i would never play music from my pc (that effect the tuner or video input) while using the tuner or video input

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
But I found your above post very confusing. You mentioned a USB 2.0 sound card, and then mentioned USB 3.0 output. Besides I am not sure what the mb is. Can you please elaborate

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
but sounds like gasolin is having several issues involving his soundcard, the first being that the output is much lower than normal, the second is that he can still hear the output from the card even when he has changed inputs on his amp.

but without knowing the make and model of the amp, theres not much advice I/we on the forum can give.

insider9

Am I correct your have a input channel overspill? Is that what it's called? That means if you switch to an input that has nothing connected to it you can hear music playing quietly on another input?

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
insider9 said:
Am I correct your have a input channel overspill? Is that what it's called? That means if you switch to an input that has nothing connected to it you can hear music playing quietly on another input?

Technical term is 'crosstalk'

Indicative of a poorly designed amp.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You've mentioned this before. It's just crosstalk in the amp. It was, and still is, just a nugatory non-problem. Plug a source into the empty input sockets and the crosstalk will either completely disappear or drop to next to nothing.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
andyjm said:
Indicative of a poorly designed amp.
Only in so far as 'cats eyes' road reflectors are a bad design because you can't see them down a dark lane at night with your headlamps off. In other words, it's a nugatory non-issue.

jjbomber

MajorFubar said:
Only in so far as 'cats eyes' road reflectors are a bad design because you can't see them down a dark lane at night with your headlamps off.

Cats eyes were invented by Percy Shaw, when he saw a cat's eyes shining in his headlights. If the cat had been facing the other way, he would have invented the pencil sharpener.

insider9

jjbomber said:
MajorFubar said:
Only in so far as 'cats eyes' road reflectors are a bad design because you can't see them down a dark lane at night with your headlamps off.

Cats eyes were invented by Percy Shaw, when he saw a cat's eyes shining in his headlights. If the cat had been facing the other way, he would have invented the pencil sharpener.

*drumroll*

Now it makes sense why you have a pic of John Bonham in your avatar.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
jjbomber said:
MajorFubar said:

LOL!!

jjbomber

insider9 said:
*drumroll*

There's a new Led Zeppelin live album out this year, ''unlike anything previously released'' according to Mr Page. Hopefully it will include the electric timpani parts of Moby ****. Every hi-fi deserves to have that played. If you can imagine speakers drawing a figure 8 on it's side, that is what it is like. Fills the room with a swirling wall of sound. There isn't anything like it. John Henry Bonham remains my drum hero.

insider9

jjbomber said:
insider9 said:
*drumroll*

There's a new Led Zeppelin live album out this year, ''unlike anything previously released'' according to Mr Page. Hopefully it will include the electric timpani parts of Moby ****. Every hi-fi deserves to have that played. If you can imagine speakers drawing a figure 8 on it's side, that is what it is like. Fills the room with a swirling wall of sound. There isn't anything like it. John Henry Bonham remains my drum hero. 
Huge loss, a massive talent and an inspiration.

I'm really looking forward to the release. Thanks for the heads up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts