Chameleon Silver +

A

Anonymous

Indeed it is. Personally i think it needs to be matched carefully!

A

Anonymous

Revealing some truth is it?
emotion-5.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
igglebert:Revealing some truth is it?
emotion-5.gif

Not necessarily Iggs, it seems short on midrange at the moment compared to the vdh.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

I am also finding it bassy (plus DacM is bassy) with some music while others like Soundgarden's Superunknown album sound very lean (recording probably). I've logged only 7 hours on it so will give it time before making a judgement. It has improved just a bit (or maybe my ears got used to it?) since I first plugged it in on Monday.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I'm going to give it some time too. I wasn't in the right frame of mind to listen to it for too long last night as was too tired, so will leave it in for a few days and then make a judgement. First impressions are that I prefer the vdh with my kit but this could be due to my tiredness or the fact that it hasn't run in.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Im wondering how it compares with the Nordost blue heaven cable I could imagine the NBH has a leaner, tighter bass and perhaps less warm (brighter) in its presentation. Has anyone compared them?

Cheers

Steve.

A

Anonymous

I loved it with when i was using my old kef speakers but since ive changed to the monitor audios im not so sure bass is definitely a little over the top at times, i plugged in a very old cambridge audio pacific and a qed silver spiral noticed a big change but lacked in a way so want something similar to the chameleon just less bassy.

A

Anonymous

stephennic:
Hi,

Im wondering how it compares with the Nordost blue heaven cable I could imagine the NBH has a leaner, tighter bass and perhaps less warm (brighter) in its presentation. Has anyone compared them?

Cheers

Steve.

I compared the CSP and BH and much preferred the CSP. I found the BH lean, brittle and bright sounding, as did my friend on a very different system. The BH might be a good purchase for a system with overblown bass but personally I wouldn't bother.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
JoelSim:

The Chord sounds good tonight...but still different. And have had a few

You mean your ealier comments were based on sober listening? Now I'm all confused. We need real world simulation. From now on I think we need to give you a drinking list prior to your review.

In fact, that's a great idea. We would get comments like "sounds best after 3 heinekens"...."can be a bit bass lean until after 2nd shot of smirnoff...." etc...

A

Anonymous

That good hey?

How much did you get it for? Im using the Russ Andrews Crystal-CU and find this nice and bassy but not over the top and still give an amazing overall sound. So looking to try somthing different.

A

Anonymous

When I upgraded from a Chord Cobra 2 to CSP I got more and better bass. Then I upgraded the speaker wire from Chord Carnival SP to Chord Odyssey 2 and got more and better bass. I think I lost all my bass before I sorted the cables!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
igglebert:When I upgraded from a Chord Cobra 2 to CSP I got more and better bass. Then I upgraded the speaker wire from Chord Carnival SP to Chord Odyssey 2 and got more and better bass. I think I lost all my bass before I sorted the cables!

That's a lot of new bass. It's not too much bass?

I'm also considering a speaker cable change to either rumour or odyssey, but I'd much rather have detail than bags of bass. Not that I'm opposed to tight clean bass when the source contains it... You know what I mean?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
NickD2544:

That good hey?

How much did you get it for? Im using the Russ Andrews Crystal-CU and find this nice and bassy but not over the top and still give an amazing overall sound. So looking to try somthing different.

I'm still running it in and will see. 2 days 2 different results compared to my vdh.

It was £66.06 from Divine Audio on eBay, new.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
igglebert:When I upgraded from a Chord Cobra 2 to CSP I got more and better bass. Then I upgraded the speaker wire from Chord Carnival SP to Chord Odyssey 2 and got more and better bass. I think I lost all my bass before I sorted the cables!

Yep Odyssey and Chameleon go well. I needed an XLR cable so went for the Chorus 2 after using the Chameleon RCA. This combo is fantastic too. I kept the Chameleon and used it instead of a Gotham(!!!!!!) to connect my pre outs from my receiver to my 840A. The difference was unbelievable. I mean, just amazingly better. Now this might be that the Gotham was that bad but I am inclined to believe that it was mostly down to the Chameleon being very good.

A

Anonymous

jaxwired:

That's a lot of new bass. It's not too much bass?

I'm also considering a speaker cable change to either rumour or odyssey, but I'd much rather have detail than bags of bass. Not that I'm opposed to tight clean bass when the source contains it... You know what I mean?

...it's more that I'm hearing the bass that should be there. And it's deep and very tight too
emotion-1.gif

To be honest, I suspect a lot of people would find my SA1s a bit bass light anyway.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:igglebert:When I upgraded from a Chord Cobra 2 to CSP I got more and better bass. Then I upgraded the speaker wire from Chord Carnival SP to Chord Odyssey 2 and got more and better bass. I think I lost all my bass before I sorted the cables! Yep Odyssey and Chameleon go well. I needed an XLR cable so went for the Chorus 2 after using the Chameleon RCA. This combo is fantastic too. I kept the Chameleon and used it instead of a Gotham(!!!!!!) to connect my pre outs from my receiver to my 840A. The difference was unbelievable. I mean, just amazingly better. Now this might be that the Gotham was that bad but I am inclined to believe that it was mostly down to the Chameleon being very good.

A misture of both I imagine

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:igglebert:When I upgraded from a Chord Cobra 2 to CSP I got more and better bass. Then I upgraded the speaker wire from Chord Carnival SP to Chord Odyssey 2 and got more and better bass. I think I lost all my bass before I sorted the cables! Yep Odyssey and Chameleon go well. I needed an XLR cable so went for the Chorus 2 after using the Chameleon RCA. This combo is fantastic too. I kept the Chameleon and used it instead of a Gotham(!!!!!!) to connect my pre outs from my receiver to my 840A. The difference was unbelievable. I mean, just amazingly better. Now this might be that the Gotham was that bad but I am inclined to believe that it was mostly down to the Chameleon being very good.

A mixture of both I imagine

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I'm enjoying the sound at the moment. Rubbish the first night but was too tired. Superb the second night when I was out of my mind. Nice last night when I was sober. Nice tonight too. I'm in a dilemma of what is the nicest, at the moment Wednesday night's frame of mind is winning because if I closed my eyes I could see the soundwaves emanating from the speakers on my eyelids.

ÿ

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:igglebert:When I upgraded from a Chord Cobra 2 to CSP I got more and better bass. Then I upgraded the speaker wire from Chord Carnival SP to Chord Odyssey 2 and got more and better bass. I think I lost all my bass before I sorted the cables!

Yep Odyssey and Chameleon go well. I needed an XLR cable so went for the Chorus 2 after using the Chameleon RCA. This combo is fantastic too. I kept the Chameleon and used it instead of a Gotham(!!!!!!) to connect my pre outs from my receiver to my 840A. The difference was unbelievable. I mean, just amazingly better. Now this might be that the Gotham was that bad but I am inclined to believe that it was mostly down to the Chameleon being very good.

i use the same cables chameleon and odyssey bi wire and have to agree they sound amazing best i have ever owned

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
...if I closed my eyes I could see the soundwaves emanating from the speakers on my eyelids.

Is that bad? I mean, you bought floor standers after all
emotion-1.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
igglebert:JoelSim:
...if I closed my eyes I could see the soundwaves emanating from the speakers on my eyelids.

Is that bad? I mean, you bought floor standers after all
emotion-1.gif

It's not bad at all, but I wasn't exactly compus mentis, so it's probably a little biased.

ÿ

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts