Centre Speaker Strategy

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just bought and installed a Yamaha AV Receiver (RX-V571). I have hooked up a pair of B & W speakers (L & R) bought in 2001 from the CDM SNT 5.1 range; up to this week they had been second speakers in a hi fi setup since new. Problem is: what to do about a centre speaker! I noticed a second-hand B & W centre from the CDM range on Ebay for £400. Don't want to spend that sort of dosh on a second-hand speaker. Any suggestions on what to consider round about £200 - £250. Is matching going to be a major problem?

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
If it was me I'd want to get a CDM centre. There are a couple on ebay that are a lot cheaper than 400 , albeit quite near the start of their listing

A

Anonymous

I had some B&W 602S3 speakers with a Mission centre speaker. I sold the centre to my brother and got a LCR600 matching centre and the sound was sooo much better. Better imaging, more integration with fronts - no contest!

If you can't run to one from the same range, get a cheaper centre from B&W

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. Yes I thought that might be the case. Will have to think about it and keep my eye open.

A

Anonymous

Which centre is the good match? As the last B&W CDM CSE centre that sold on ebay went for £106 and £160! There's two currently on there for £108 and £65. Are these suitable? Might well be pretty close, if only as a stop gap measure until funds are more fluid.

A

Anonymous

Pretty much skint now. Took the plunge and bought a new B & W CM Centre in piano black. Must be mad! Well, at least Winters on its way so they are going to get alot of use me thinks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts