Centre Speaker Bi-Wire?

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
As you can see in my Signature below i have a Dali Ikon Vocal 2 Centre & wondered if i would gain any significant audio improvement by just bi-wiring the centre speaker?. The other speakers i have, only the front L/R Ikon 5's are Bi-wirable & i am unable to do this in my present, all my speaker wire goes under the carpet except for the Centre.

Cheers..

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
There can be a small improvement which is speaker dependant (not sure in your case).

If you are a cable believer, there can be a bigger improvement by putting the money into better cable.

If you can do this cheaply, it's probably worth a go......especially if it's on a trial and return basis.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Now that's the million dollar question, and the answer you get depends on who you ask.

IMO Due to the controversy surrounding this topic, it is something that you will have to try for yourself.....borrow some from a dealer at different price points and see what you think.

It's high time that you discovered which side of the debate that you belong. ;)

naughty573

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
to be honest i would do to the centre speaker what i do to the main speakers in the interests of consistency and keeping a coherent front stage - you dont want any of those speakers to sound too different from each other as far as possible

i have tried bi-wiring a pair of Ikon 2's and i did not like it - it made the speaker sound very treble dominant and the treble was harsh and not as smooth - going back to single wiring made things sound better

on the other hand i am biwiring my front stage which is a pair of ikon 7's and a vokal 2 with MIT biwire cable (this has a box in the middle with some inexplicable stuff in it and im forced to bi-wire cos its the only cable i have and its too expensive to throw away) and that sounds more than decent (could be because of MIT's box of tricks or superior silver cable or it could also be because the audioquest X-2 that i used for the ikon 2's was a pretty basic low end design)

either way i still suggest that you should keep the front stage consistent ie use the same cable throughout and if you bi-amp or bi-wire with one point then you need to keep that consistent at all points

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi CnoEvil & naughty573

I've purchased a metre of 620 strand Bi-Wire ofc cable for £7.29 + another set of gold banana plugs & am going to give it a go as an experiment. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.

I will let you know my findings after a few weeks of run in time on my centre speaker.

Regards..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts