center speaker help

uksteve

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
hi all im looking for some center speaker advice if possible..trying to build a half desent home cinema...ive got a sony strdh820 a/v..fronts meridian a500 floor standing speakers..cambridge audio s90 sub and wharfdale diamond 9.0s as rears...i know its a mish mash but its a work in progress....so my next upgrade is a center speaker...any good ideas..price range..£100/200..ps i will be keeping the meridian a500s in the set up...cheers

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
What's the distance between your front speakers ? You might be better off without one at all.

My front speakers are about 6 ft apart. I had a very competent Monitor Audio front three before, but in my small room it was not as important when I upgraded my left and right.

You might find find a cheap(ish) centre would compromise the Meridians.

I assume you've run set up on your amp. It essentially creates a phantom centre so centre info is shared between the existing speakers.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
What's the distance between your front speakers ? You might be better off without one at all.

My front speakers are about 6 ft apart. I had a very competent Monitor Audio front three before, but in my small room it was not as important when I upgraded my left and right.

You might find find a cheap(ish) centre would compromise the Meridians.

I assume you've run set up on your amp. It essentially creates a phantom centre so centre info is shared between the existing speakers.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
uksteve said:
hi all im looking for some center speaker advice if possible..trying to build a half desent home cinema...ive got a sony strdh820 a/v..fronts meridian a500 floor standing speakers..cambridge audio s90 sub and wharfdale diamond 9.0s as rears...i know its a mish mash but its a work in progress....so my next upgrade is a center speaker...any good ideas..price range..£100/200..ps i will be keeping the meridian a500s in the set up...cheers

I don't know the Meridian range or whether there's a matching centre channel speaker but it's generally considered very good practice to stick to the same brand and range across the front three speakers, so if you can't find something similar from Meridian to match the a500s I probably wouldn't bother either.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts