Center of concern

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys and girls,

I have a bit of a problem regarding a center speaker.

I have bought four B&W 704's as front and rear speakers recently, but now I need a center to match.

The problem is that the center from the 7xx range does not fit in my (almost new) equipment rack. The center is 34cm high and the space in the rack is 28.

The shop suggested I would borrow one of their CM centers and try that for a few days but I'm worried it might bring down that performance of the whole. And as I just bought 704's (that I love) for quite a bit of money I want to be sure to get the most from my system.

Please help!

Patrick

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Thats near impossible to answer activ. Its your call if the other type of center speaker will be ok(Id suggest auditioning it for a month). Failing that your going to have to replace your equipment rack.

A

Anonymous

theactiv:

Hi guys and girls,

I have a bit of a problem regarding a center speaker.

I have bought four B&W 704's as front and rear speakers recently, but now I need a center to match.

The problem is that the center from the 7xx range does not fit in my (almost new) equipment rack. The center is 34cm high and the space in the rack is 28.

The shop suggested I would borrow one of their CM centers and try that for a few days but I'm worried it might bring down that performance of the whole. And as I just bought 704's (that I love) for quite a bit of money I want to be sure to get the most from my system.

Please help!

Patrick

I'd stick with the center speaker that matches the 704's. Is your TV supported by the unit or wall mounted?

A

Anonymous

The tv is supported by the unit.

I've also done some homework and I went to the shop.

They were able to help me with two things:

1. I now have a CMC on loan to test

2. They phoned the blokes that made my rack and found out there is a possibility to modify the rack and increase the size of the largest space to 36cm height. Now I need to test if that raises my tv to much, if not then the wole thing might be solved by spending some money. I thnk while auditioning the CMC I'll find some books to put under the tv to raise it 6 cm and see how that feels.

A

Anonymous

After testing the CMC I have decided to buy one, it matches the speakers well and does not present any problems.

A

Anonymous

Trust me, if there would have been any form of disturbance in the soundfield I would have changed the rack.

They work well together.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts