Cennectivity queries

b75

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Excuse me if I am being a bit thick but I have some queries on how best to connect my system. I have a Sony Blu ray, Sony DVD recorder, sky hd box and Yamaha ysp 30d connecting to a Sony 40w200.I have only two hdmi inputs on both my ysp and tv yet three devices running and am wondering how best to connect them . I am pondering two options buying a hdmi switch to put the Blu ray and DVD into then the output of that into the ysp along with sky then the hdmi from ysp into the tv. My other option is sky doesn't travel sound over hdmi I think so just put the two hdmi from Blu ray and DVD into ysp and the output from ysp into the tv along with the hdmi output from the sky and just connecting the sky box and the ysp via optical. I don't have an optical input in my tv so I am connect my ysp to my tv via yellow cable . Sorry if this is confusing but I am in a medley of cables . Thanks again any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
b75 said:
Excuse me if I am being a bit thick but I have some queries on how best to connect my system. I have a Sony Blu ray, Sony DVD recorder, sky hd box and Yamaha ysp 30d connecting to a Sony 40w200.I have only two hdmi inputs on both my ysp and tv yet three devices running and am wondering how best to connect them . I am pondering two options buying a hdmi switch to put the Blu ray and DVD into then the output of that into the ysp along with sky then the hdmi from ysp into the tv. My other option is sky doesn't travel sound over hdmi I think so just put the two hdmi from Blu ray and DVD into ysp and the output from ysp into the tv along with the hdmi output from the sky and just connecting the sky box and the ysp via optical. I don't have an optical input in my tv so I am connect my ysp to my tv via yellow cable . Sorry if this is confusing but I am in a medley of cables . Thanks again any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

Hi b75

I take it you have the Sony 40w2000 which you could connect to the 2 RCA Audio Outs L & R ( looking at the back of the TV with the scart board they are the 2 on the furthest bottom right, on page 38 of the manual Clicky) to the YSP for use when just using the TV with built in tuner.

So this should be your best option i believe (someone will correct me if i am wrong), put the two HDMI from Blu-ray, DVD & the Optical Out of the Sky Box into YSP. Then connect the 2 HDMI from the YSP & Sky Box to the TV.

Regards ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts