CDT+DAC or CDP

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I will have the a Moon 280D dac next week
On the long run buy the moon cdt 260
meanwhile I'm thinking Audiolab cdt 6000 or Marantz cd 60
When I bay the moon this will go to my second system in my office so in case of a cdt I will have to buy a DAC

I thing both are good maybe a cdt offers more flexibility, cdp les complex (I'm really hesitating)

I'm open to suggestions
shoot :)

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the Reply
Will try to audition both, I will use the Moon Dac as it's already payed su no change on the dac side

Maybe good I use a Yamaha ax 590 (provably I wil upgrade to a Moon 340I) with Kef ls50 meta and a node I2 streamer as second system

So don't need the cd to have a streamer fonction

cheers

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
a standalone transport into a dac will generally offer better sound quality but then you have to factor in the extra shelf space, cables, power chords etc.
Cable mgmnt is not an issue, even if I'm tempt by the cdp (Marantz or Rotel both great brands)there is a substantial price drop on the Audiolab
it kind of keep telling me that I should give it a chance ....

Friesiansam

Cable mgmnt is not an issue, even if I'm tempt by the cdp (Marantz or Rotel both great brands)there is a substantial price drop on the Audiolab
You may like to know you can buy the Audiolab 6000CDT via Amazon, which will give you a 30 day return window. You'll have time to give it a thorough try-out.

Reactions: Roby
a standalone transport into a dac will generally offer better sound quality but then you have to factor in the extra shelf space, cables, power chords etc.
I like the word 'generally ', the idea that many CDP manufacturers have spent a lot of money developing the internal DAC stage seems to have evaded you.
That said a transport can be finely tuned by inputting into an external DAC but then again it can also be ruined.
Each to their own....

If you want to save even more, you might like to take a look at this thread where I posted about the Tascam CD-200. It’s a complete player, with a drive used by brands costing £ thousands, and available today at around £259.

Reactions: Al ears

MrSinghsStereo

Feb 22, 2022
Visit site
I like the word 'generally ', the idea that many CDP manufacturers have spent a lot of money developing the internal DAC stage seems to have evaded you.
That said a transport can be finely tuned by inputting into an external DAC but then again it can also be ruined.
Each to their own....
i speak from my personal experience of owning dacs and players from the likes of meridian, nagra and dcs. a panasonic blu ray sending redbook cds into my dcs bartok sounded excellent and not far off my meridian 808v6. and whilst the vivaldi dac and project rs2 cd transport gave the best results i went with the dcs rossini apex player for the reasons i mentioned - shelf space/ box count etc

manicm

I'm repeating my comment elsewhere, but don't underestimate a good transport no matter how good your DAC is.

Here's the thing, on my soundbar, Tidal sounds indisputably better streamed through my TV app on HDMI, than my Wiim Mini via optical.

Make of that as you will.

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
So afthe long tought and the chance to listen to the cdt 6000 (that was great but not mind blowinng, using coax)
I will use an old bluray player I still have an save some money to buy the Moon cdt 260

Keep you posted :)

Reactions: Al ears

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
hey

Just thinking about something, I've a ps 3 & 4 longer optical cable
You think it would be a valuable option during that time (prefarably true the ps3)?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts