CD6002 packed up.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, hope your all well.

My CD6002 has suddenly packed up. It's in pristine condition, and I hardly ever used it, but now it's out of warranty and a basic lens cleaning disc hasn't worked.

Any recommendations as to where I can get it sorted?

Cheers :)

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
A phone around your local hi-fi dealers will generally find a decent repair engineer. When you say 'packed up', are we talking 'totally dead' here? Or is it working and doing strange things?

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Well I'm assuming it's still spinning if you've used a cleaning disc (not that Marantz recommend using them).

I take it you've checked ALL of the connections? - interconnect and, less likely, speaker cables - and also the source selector on whatever amp you're using (been caught out a few times on that one! lol).

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your input guys. yeah, the cd player has power so it does turn on, but it seems to jam as soon as you load a cd into the tray, so it's def not an issue with the interconnects, speaker cables etc.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your input guys. yeah, the cd player has power so it does turn on, but it seems to jam as soon as you load a cd into the tray, so it's def not an issue with the interconnects, speaker cables etc.

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
lall360 said:

When you say 'jam'... Does it;

A) Load the disc into the player, and then eject it back out again?

B) Load the disc in the player, not spin, and not read the discs table of contents.

A

Anonymous

It loads the disc in the player, not spin, and not read the discs table of contents.

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi lall360, this may be a shot in the dark but have you tried taking the CDP apart and cleaning it out? It sounds like you may have a very similar problem that my Arcam Alpha One CDP sufferd. Plastic Penguin suggested that i try this out and hey presto, it worked and the Arcam is still going strong one month later. The lazer can weaken as the CDP's get older but if they are left laying around for long periods and not being used often grease can dry out on mechanisms and general dust and dirt can collect inside and cause some problems. Try giving it a good clean and see what happens, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Hope that helps.

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
lall360 said:
It loads the disc in the player, not spin, and not read the discs table of contents.

Shame, as the other option was an easy fix. Impossible to tell without looking at it, could be a number of things. Worse case scenario, is that transport might have to be replaced, but luckily it's a relatively cheap one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts