admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I recently bought a Denon AVR4306 and Velodyne CHT-12R sub. I'm currently using them with the front speakers and 3 disc CD player (connected using the optical digital) from a Denon UDCM7 mini system - a Mordaunt Short CS1 for centre and a pair of Grundig sattelites that came with the Lenaro 96cm TV. First on the agenda are the front 3 speakers which will soon be replaced by Monitor Audio RS6 and RSLC. I'd then like to upgrade the CD player - For now I'm pretty happy with the DVD player integrated with the tv which provides a great picture and coaxial digital out to the amp. The quandry I have is whether to buy a top of the line DVD player like Denon's DVD3910 to take advantage of the Denon Link or whether to put my money into a dedicated CD player like the Cyrus CD6s or CD8X. Any suggestions? Also, how much stock do you think is worth putting in SACD playback?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If you're happy with the DVD player in your TV, I'd go for a dedicated CD player. The CD6 would be more than good enough for this system.

SACD? If you're into classical music, it's worth considering - there are two-channel players from the likes of Marantz, Denon and Sony which would make a good SACD-equipped alternative to the Cyrus.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew, thats more or less where I was headed - particularly given that with the new HD formats on the way, investing in a good DVD player seems a short play.

I do listen to a bit of everything though not much classical. Which Marantz/Denon/Sony players were you referring to and what connections do you generally have with SACD? It was Denon Link which was pulling me in the Denon DVD player direction.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts