cd skip acceptable?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just got a new NAD C515BEE 2 days ago and I really love the sound. But on almost every CD I've played there has been at least one major skip when there is no vibration anywhere in my room e.g. when I as sitting perfectly still. It also skips more often unless I tiptoe around the room so it seems pretty sensitive per se.

It's in the same place that I've previously used 3 other CD players and I've never had a problem with skipping. I don't want to seem like a prima donna but feel I shouldn't have to accept it.

I'd be grateful for some advice on the following. Am I being too fussy? Is any degree of skipping acceptable on a brand new player? As I've never had a problem with skipping I've never thought about this before.

Apart form the good reveiws I'd also read that NAD products were really sturdy and I read one customer with a C515 say his never skipped, so this may be a one off so a replacement might be the answer.

Any views are very welcome. Thanks

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice - I'll definitely get it swapped - I really love this CD player though (apart from the skipping).

I'm really careful with my CDs - always kept in the case - and frequently wipe off the dust - so I know it's not the CDs

A

Anonymous

Don't know why I started doing it - I think I was told it was a good idea in order to try to keep any dust out of the player - I bought a special cloth - it's probably imaginary dust - they do look lovely and shiny though - probably OCD kicking in

A

Anonymous

I've had similar problems with NAD players in the past. Bad quality control?

nads

[quote user="MusicLover"]
I've had similar problems with NAD players in the past. Bad quality control?
[/quote]

Dont know but mine plays everything i throw at it. never had any probs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts