Cd player

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Womaz said:
I replaced most of my hi fi just under 2 years ago, I went for a networked sysyem shown below, but kepy my Arcam CD player.

I still use the CD quite a lot and I am looking to replace the Arcam as now have some spare cash to enable an upgrade.

I have a budget of 1k to 2k, but would prefer to keep that at the lower end of budget.

Speakers and Amp are new so wont be changing.

I play all types of music, from Nirvana to Frank Sinatra, everything except Classical really.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Last year I replaced my Arcam CD73 with a Naim CD5i-2. It is a very impressive player for the money. The newer CD5si should be a little better and it retails around £1000. Certainly worth an audition.

Otherwise look at Exposure CD3010S2, Arcam CD37 or the new Rega Saturn-R.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
Electro said:
iceman16 said:

I agree , somebody might get very lucky with this Cd player !

It is one of the best Cd players available regardless of price and should last a lifetime , if you hear it you will want it ;) :)

Yes but its cash on collection so you need to go to Southport.

This is true but it would be well worth the drive and possible inconvience , and the fact that it weighs 20kg ( large power supply and the electromechanical cancelation system ) would make postage with decent insurance cover quite expensive .

If I was buying it I would rather meet the seller and inspect / test it anyway . :)

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Some on here will think I am crazy but I need it to be silver to match my system.

Last night I took my CD player out of my system, see how I cope. When I bought the CLIC my intention was to sell the CD player but I've always resisted that.

So if I can cope without it then I have some cash for god knows what :)

Thanks for all the replies.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Womaz said:
Last night I took my CD player out of my system, see how I cope. When I bought the CLIC my intention was to sell the CD player but I've always resisted that.

Sounds like a good plan.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Morning Womaz :wave:

Just had a quick search on ebay and found a nice looking and more importantly in your prefered colour a Cyrus CDT CD Transport for £560, well within your budget.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cyrus-CDT-CD-Transport-Quartz-Silver-SRP-649-/171226644938?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_CDPlayerSeparates&hash=item27dde741ca

Hope this gives you another option to think about.

Happy listening

:bounce:

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
macdiddy said:
Morning Womaz :wave:

Just had a quick search on ebay and found a nice looking and more importantly in your prefered colour a Cyrus CDT CD Transport for £560, well within your budget.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cyrus-CDT-CD-Transport-Quartz-Silver-SRP-649-/171226644938?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_CDPlayerSeparates&hash=item27dde741ca

Hope this gives you another option to think about.

Happy listening

:bounce:

You can buy them new for about that price.

You can get them for around £550 if you look around so it is certainly way too expensive for an ex display model.

I think the OP should be looking at an Oppo 105EU, even if he only requires CD playback at the moment. It is one of the best universal players around at the price without going over his budget for the Electrocompaniet equivalent or some thing like the Bel Canto CD2.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Womaz said:
If you get a new cd on first day of purchase it's quite often not found. Also I buy some dance CDs and a lot of them are not on

Many of these databases are non-commercial therefore rely on people to enter new release info so require users feeding back data or for the ones unwilling to help out, wait until someone else does the donkey work!

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Womaz said:
Some on here will think I am crazy but I need it to be silver to match my system.

Thanks for all the replies.

Can I tempt you with this version ? :grin:

vo4s.jpg

Unfortunately the chances of finding this very rare version of the Electro EMC1 UP are about zero and it would probably cost more that when it was new , but I can dream :)

I hope all goes well for you whatever you choose to do . :)

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for all the replies on here.

For now I am going to see if I can do without my CD player. It has been dismantled and banished to the cupboard for now.

After all when I went for the streamer I was told the SQ would at least match the CD . To be fair I can't tell any difference so the CD player was kept out of convenience and laziness.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Life without a CD player did not last long :)

Musical Fidelity MICDT ordered from my local dealer. That's my OCD and upgraditus taken care of for now,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts