CD Player Upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Considering to upgrade my CD8x+PSX-R to Marantz SA11S2, in view of Marantz CD performance, is it a wise decision? Please share your point of view.

A

Anonymous

Surely the only way to know whether you should do this is to have a listen to it!

I know that may sound obvious ........ and I'm just not quite sure what you are expecting from any comments.....?

Some may say it's great and other may differ ...... so in the end you are best to listen and let your own ears decide.

Good luck

T

the record spot

You'll need to have a listen to see really. I like Marantz kit in general, barring the odd item here and there, but their higher end stuff really appeals. Very likely that Ken Ishiwata (Marantz brand ambassador and their tech guru) had a hand in it as well. Well worth a listen, but you do need to sit down and compare one with the other if you can.

A

Anonymous

Surely the point of a forum is to seek others advice and views....I previously had the SA11S1 paired with the PM11S1. I really enjoyed them for a few tears before upgrading. I did demo a Cyrus set up at the same time and preferred the Marantz (The Marantz was more expensive)

T

the record spot

Indeed it is, however, when you get to the higher end of the scale, are you going to try before you buy, or blind purchase a CDP costing around £1200 or so based on the views on a forum? I might blind buy my amp or take a chance on speakers, but that's £30-odd (in the current amp's case, £80 for the 752s) and not ten times that, or the like. No offence, just my view on things!

Haven't heard the Marantz, but their 2 channel CDP range is currently very strong; for all I like the brand, and have done for years, the first thing I'll do is recommend the OP demos the new player. Build quality isn't an issue, rarely has been for Marantz IMO, and the sound quality should be excellent if their other kit is anything to go by - very polished performers. Plus you get SACD which is an added bonus IMO.

A

Anonymous

Since I am not able to compare Cyrus and Marantz size by size and thus I make a post here and see if anyone did the comparison and can give me some hints.
Audit the Marantz today and my first impression is the player sounds more warm and slow when compare with Cyrus. Maybe it can balance the rest of my system as Cyrus Amp. tend to be cold and fast. :p
Please continue to share your view on the topic.

Trahern

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
GalaxyB:Since I am not able to compare Cyrus and Marantz size by size and thus I make a post here and see if anyone did the comparison and can give me some hints.
Audit the Marantz today and my first impression is the player sounds more warm and slow when compare with Cyrus. Maybe it can balance the rest of my system as Cyrus Amp. tend to be cold and fast. :p
Please continue to share your view on the topic.

I personally prefer the warmer sound that you get with say Marantz. You'll certainly get plenty of pace with the Cyrus but I've always found it rather on the bright side. Careful speaker matching is required IMO.

A

Anonymous

I totally agree......always audition if possible, but it is fun and interstinf to read views of other (peoples ears..)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts