CD Player options

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok i have a arcam dv88 and i am looking for a equivalent cd player to enhance my musical enjoyment.

To be honest i am looking for a Ampliflier too match as well.

Denon avr 2803

DVD as above Mordaunt short centre

Mission surrounds

Quad 21l floorstanders 

A

Anonymous

i was going too buy a seperate stereo amp rather than av for music

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:If you're proposing using an AV amp, I would stick with the DV88, which is a half-decent CD player anyway.

Unless you are going to spend more than £300 on a cd player - I would keep your Arcam as your source.

John Duncan

chefsmusic:i was going too buy a seperate stereo amp rather than av for music

OK, different story. The DV88 is still a good CD player though, and as gerrard says, if your budget is £300 tops, then I'd stick with what you've got and spend the extra on the stereo amp instead.

Let's talk about your whole budget and requirements, and we can take a look at the big picture - your speaker slection is a mishmash for starters, IMO. How much do you want to spend all in?

A

Anonymous

Yes i do have a selection of speakers for instance but they seem to work pretty well to be honest,i also have a gale subwoofer.

But the surround speakers do need upgrading.

The arcam dvd player is great for movies though-fantastic player.ÿ

John Duncan

Aaaaah ok - this is existing kit you're talking about in first post, so you're looking for CD Player and Stereo amp - i read it as you were thinking about buying the Denon + etc etc.

I say again, how much would you like to spend on both?

A

Anonymous

Well maybe around £400 for both but i may push to a little more if it is worth it.

ÿ

ÿ

John Duncan

Then I would consider again whether the DV88 is sufficient, and spend 800 quid on a Naim, Primare or Cyrus amp, and take the analogue outs of the DVD player into stereo ins on the amp.

Take your DV88 to a dealer who stocks as many of the above as possible, and try pairings of DV88 with 800 quid amp, Marantz CD6002 with 600 quid amp, Arcam CD73 (for example, v good value at the mo) plus 400 quid amp blah blah blah - I would quite fancy the chances of the DV88 in those circumstances.

A

Anonymous

Yeah i do agree with you very nice amps,but i have been looking at ebay,always have a good supply of arcam stuff on there,if i had the money would get a cyrus amp and cd player.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I have a DV79 and a CD192 and for music the latter wipes the floor with the DVD player. Mind you the latter is really sh*te with DVDs. Very deep blacks though...

ÿ

ÿ

John Duncan

chefsmusic:Yeah i do agree with you very nice amps,but i have been looking at ebay,always have a good supply of arcam stuff on there,if i had the money would get a cyrus amp and cd player.

In which case, a CD6s can be had for 400 quid new now that the SE has arrived, then take your pick from Cyrus amps on eBay.........

A

Anonymous

My usual push of Musical Fidelity XRay 8 out there for £400-£500 at the mo, very good indeed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts