CD player advice please - Cyrus or Primare

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

Am buying a new AV amp and cd player to pair up with pioneer plasma and B&W CM series speakers (fronts, centre, rear and PV1).

Am going for a Denon AVC-A1HD amp. Am considering pairing with Cyrus CD 8SE or Primare CD31. Haven't had the chance to hear the Denon and Primare paired up but Cyrus was good and Primare impressive with another amp.

Any advice for me? 

Many thanks. Simon 

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Simon

We'll be publishing a full review of the Cyrus CD 8 SE in the mag next month (it's being tested right now), so can you wait 'til then for our verdict? The Primare is a very good player (it was one of our Award winners in 2006), but the market has moved on since then.

A

Anonymous

What AV receiver is it?

I'd be wary of splashing out on a £1k cdp when the AV Amp could prove to be a severely limiting factor

A

Anonymous

AV amp is Denon AVC-A1HD.

That is another question of course, whether I should be concentrating on music rather than buying an amp which is good for movies etc too. Seemed good to me when I heard it.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Andy Clough:
Hi Simon

We'll be publishing a full review of the Cyrus CD 8 SE in the mag next month (it's being tested right now), so can you wait 'til then for our verdict? The Primare is a very good player (it was one of our Award winners in 2006), but the market has moved on since then.

The cd31 is still the current (top) model from Primare so I think it would be a bit OTT to describe it as behind the times. The technology (IMHO) is still fairly static so the market may have moved on but it's more on the london orbital rather than on a rocket to outer space. ;-)

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i'd wait on the 8se for a month or so just to sort the teething problems which they will sort and quick. i'm really keen to hear one to compare to my mfv8 and v8 dac just for fun! need to find a store to loan me one!

T

the record spot

Would you consider other models beyond Cyrus and Primare? Eastern Electric, etc.?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts