CD palyer problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I`m new here so hope you can help me out.

I have a Marantz 63SE signiture cd player which i`ve had for about 14 years and it`s been brilliant. Today the sliding door only comes out about 1" and the motor is still going wanting to open the door fully and i have to pull the door to open up. When you press the door to close there`s no problem.

I don`t know whether to get it repaired or buy a new player seeing it`s quite old now.

This is the system i have at the moment:-
Speakers:- B&W 601

Tuner:- Sony ST-S261

Cd player:- Marantz 63SE Signiture

Amp:- Harman Kardon HK610

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Entirely upto you Gal', but personally id open the Marantz up to see if theres anything obvious that can be done. (I fixed my mates dvd player like that a few months back, it had just jumped past a 'stop' point and needed putting back). Just dont burn your retina on the laser!

A

Anonymous

As the man says, its usually alignment.

being over 10 years old there is no guarantee parts will be available. I bet its a very common phillips drive though so you could find parts down the tip.... or certainly in a lesser model.

A

Anonymous

I`ll open it up tomorrow after work and see what`s what. but knowing me i`ll break something while looking at it, as i do with my computer.

Chhers guys

A

Anonymous

I took the player apart and checked everything and the mechanisum is
perfect just needed a bit of a clean so alls well now as the dorr works
properly again.

A

Anonymous

It started playing up again so i rang Sevenoaks shop near me about repairing it and they said they would have to send the player away to Marantz and they will charge me to look at it let alone repair it, so i thought i`ll just get a new one and i think i shall get the Marantz CD6002 as it has good reviews and i am happy with Marantz.

Messiah

As long as you are sure about that. I was reading up about the 6002 a while back and found that the general opinion was that the 63se sounded much better so you might be disappointed by the new player.......it might be worth getting it repaired.......

A

Anonymous

So in todays market what would be the nearest to the 63SE in quality and sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts