CD/DAC & Amp to match Proac Studio 140 Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've just bought some 2nd hand Proac Studio 140's and need a DAC/CD & Amp to partner them. The review on this site says to avoid overly bright electronics, would this rule out Cyrus equipment ? Was thinking of CD8SE & Pre VS2 with 8 Power, or the new XPD Integrated DAC/Amp.

I will audition any equipment before buying, but was after a bit of a steer from Proac owners. I listen to mainly Rock, Electronic with a bit of Jazz. My room is small-ish 4.8m x 3.3m, but opens out into a 3 x 3.5m conservatory.

Cheers for any advice.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The 140's will be fine with rock and jazz, but may not quite be the best for some with electronic music (depending what type). I've mentioned before that I didn't feel the Proacs did Boards Of Canada full justice for instance, but the ATC's did, but obviously this is a personal preference on my part - I do love the Proacs. Best thing to do is have a listen for yourself and try out the ATC SCM19 or 40, which I feel work a bit better for electronic (their jazz and rock is fine). There's also the D15's and D18's to consider, which are slightly more.

The Cyrus can work quite well with both of these speakers, but we'd be recommending the equivalent Naim as a better partner for them, but again, a demo is highly recommended.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts