castle speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know in what state castle speakers will start making speakers again in as they have been taken over by iag will it be the same as before in skipton or will they be made in china from now. Will start with a new range or just old range made over their? As i have a soft spot for there speakers as still got a pair of harlech's & tay's boxed up in my garage after many years of happy use.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I think China - AFAIK the Skipton factory premises are now long sold, and Castles shown at the High End Show in Munich last year were a mix of familiar designs and some that looked rather like rebadged Missions (such as the surround speakers).

A

Anonymous

Thank's for your reply, thought it be to good to be true with the parent companies history when buying names up.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i heard a couple of sets of castle speakers years ago and thought they both looked and sounded fantastic - hope some of that heritage follows through and that they don't just become mission speakers in pretty wooden boxes

T

the record spot

If you are looking for Castles specifically, I'd try and land some of their speakers pre-the former owner selling up the business to IAG. The Severn 2s were superb speakers for the money (circa £800 I think a decade or so back), but you could also look at the Trents and Avons too. Can't recall their RRP of the day, but generally, they all got a decent rep.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts