castle knight 3 4 and 5 ex demo has anyone heard them?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I heard some Castle speakers today when I went to listen to some Monitor Audio GX 50's. Never heard of Castle speakers before; look really nice!

They were the floorstanders with 2 drivers so I think they were the 3's or 4's. Sounded very nice on the end of a Cyrus 6xp amp and a Cyrus streamer but too smooth/ gentle a soundstage for me...

Unfortunately thenGX50's we totally the opposite and a bit bright at times with a Cyrus 8xp amp however the store fella did say that they were brand new and will take a good week or so of running them to sound better.

A

Anonymous

No

The GX50's sounded much better in the bass & midrange; just the highs that were a little harsh but if they settle as the salesman said they would then tell embarrass the Castles with ease!

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the brief oportunity to listen to some Castle 4's yesterday ... my initial impressions ... aesthetically very nice (as a piece of furniture), sound was a bit boxy. Smooth lower and mid bass, perhaps a little overblown, midrange was tonally a bit dull for my liking, top end controlled and not in the least bit harsh. They were new and perhaps they may improve in the midrange after some more breaking in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts