castle knight 3 4 and 5 ex demo has anyone heard them?

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I just seen the castle knight 3 4 and 5 all at half price can any one tell me if theyre worth going for. The threes are 300 the fours and fives are both 400 they look so classy and gotta be a step up from my rs1s

A

Anonymous

Castle Knight 4's are lovely speakers; very detailed but mallow'ish soundstage but with good bass depth and punch

They'd work well with your Audiolab set-up. Top end wont be a s bright as the RS1's you've got but the Castle's make up for that in their overall sound

Demo'd them with my CR603 and they sounded superb

A

Anonymous

I recently sold a pair of Castle Howard S2 speakers which my dad bought in 1995 and handed down to me. They still sounded very good and the build quality was fantastic. I have heard the Knight 5's and whilst the sound was good there are were better speakers out there for £900.

However £400 is a steal and you will not find better sounding or better built speakers for that price. The Knight 5's were a touch warm and laid back for my tastes, the dealer said that the Knight 4's offer a more balanced and detailed sound due to having smaller bass drivers.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey hifi lover i just read one of your replies to another speaker post and you just told a guy the castle knights 3 and 4 were boomy and boxy and now your telling me that the castle fours are superb.

[EDITED BY MODS - please don't attack other members]

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
audioaddict said:
Hey hifi lover i just read one of your replies to another speaker post and you just told a guy the castle knights 3 and 4 were boomy and boxy and now your telling me that the castle fours are superb. I thought this site was for people to get advice but ut seems everyone jyst makin stuff up and trying to make out theyre all experts plastic penquin being the worst!

Uncalled for.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I dont think so especially when hes sayin one thing to me and something else to another about the same product sounds like an excuse just to stick across an opinion he just happened to get found out how mnay more have done the same thing

A

Anonymous

If you read that post right they were demo'd in-store and not in the best conditons (and they were new out of the box)!

They have been demo'd at home since and these were run in Knight 2's and Knight 4's and they were very good indeed; still a slight boxy sound to me but that's due to the way they're vented

If you can get a good deal on them then I'd go for it as they are very nice speakers indeed...

[EDITED BY MODS – please don't attack other members]

A

Anonymous

No it's pityful when you come on here and say things like above about respected members (i.e. PP)!

EVERYONE has opinions and are allowed to state them. A LOT of people (including myself) have demo'd endless amouns of speakers, amps, CDP's, systems etc... in order to get an insight into what changes are happeneing and where they may be added to our own systems

Just becuase our opinions change or that we dont agree on some things but agree on others doesnt mean that it's being made-up etc...

You're fairly new to this forum so I'd take heed of the advice people offer...

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Im new to the forum but far from new to hifi and like you have been thro many systems and will not heed advice from people such ad urself and pp who. IN MY OPINION REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKIN ABOUT ESPECIALLY WHEN UR SAYIN ONE THING TO ME AND ANOTHER TO SOMEONE ELSE THERE ARE PEOPLE ON HERE WHO HAVE GIVEN ME GREAT ADVICE BUT YOURE NOT ONE OF EM SORRY

A

Anonymous

Cheeky ungrateful

[EDITED BY MODS - instant irrevocable ban]

crang

Feb 17, 2008
Visit site
Not a nice thing to see on this forum!

Though I do agree that if you don't like what you read leave life's hard enough without all this childish bickering just ignore dont bite MODs where are you ?

I

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Dear oh dear has someone actually questioned your so called expert opinion we cant have that can we it just so happens that its by someone whose been round the block hifi wise and now hes resorted to sweating in a hifi forum. As for being ungrateful ive had help on here which im grateful for but just not from a know nothing like yourself sorry if that puts you out son now run along and offer some hifi newbie your contradictory opinion and go and swear immaturely at some one else

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Look all ive done is question a guy who recommended something to me and said something different to someone else so at the end of the day all ive done is have the balls to say it and he didnt like it and resorted to swearing which was so uncalled for if he didnt like me disagreeing he shld have left it no offence was meant but when im recommended something i do not expect another opinion about the same product to someone else sorry but thats made me wary of what i read

A

Anonymous

Oh dear seems this thread turned very nasty after I left it last night!

Audioaddict all I can say is go and audition them for yourself, only you will know if the castle sound is for you. Castle's philosophy has always been about creating speakers that look like pieces of furnature and as a result a higher proportion of cost is put into producing the cabinets. But at £400 i'm sure you will not be disappointed.

A

Anonymous

castle nights work well with marantz and cyrus not sure what else goes

A

Anonymous

castle nights work well with marantz and cyrus not sure what else goes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts