Cartridge upgrade MM or MC?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been using a Goldring 1042GX MM cartridge on my turntable for about a year and although really pleased
with the sound think it can be better (you know the feeling). My "excuse" would be that I use the GS EraV
phono stage and picked up the matching Elevator MC headamp, at a good price, and don't want to not
use the later.
I've been thinking about the Ortofon Rondo Bronze MC (ca £450) as it gets great reviews but there is
now the Ortofon 2M Black MM (£350) which also gets great reviews. My big worry is that if I move to MC
I add another box and another interconnect between the cartridge and amp and I can't believe this won't
affect the sound quality (?) So is the "upgrade" to mid price MC from top end MM worth it? and would
I even notice it in my system.

System = Nottingham Analogue Interspace, Rega 300 arm (Incognito re-wire, Techno-wieght and VTA adjust),
Graham Slee EraV phono stage.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello jimc, how about the dynavector dv 20x high or low output moving coil very nice.the ortofon bronze is also very nice,i heard this on a rega 7 bloody good deck but the 2m black is interesting as are all the 2m series as they look a perfect match for the rega headshell, i take the slee is mm only.

TRENDING THREADS