Cartridge Change

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Systemdek 2x2 TT with an RB 300 arm, I am running an AT OC7 cartridge in this at the moment that's been in there for a few years although not played very much it still sounds very good, but I am wondering if this is because I have just got used to it over this time.

I was thinking about a change to an MM cartridge and the two I came down with is the Ortofon OC20 or the Audio Note IQ1.

If anyone has any experience with these two I would be greatful of your imput.

Or do you have any other sugestions around this price ie 200-250 mark.

A

Anonymous

Just curious, why do you want to switch from MC to MM? I thought the normal upgrade path was the other way round. I don't know anything about those carts though.

T

the record spot

Sorry, can't help here - no idea with either; didn't even know that Audio Note did something cartridge wise there, so might be worth checking up what the tonal quality is like?

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I would say that there won't be much at that price break to rival the OC7. It was in Linn Karma territory when new, so I would expect to be looking at the thick end of £400 to better it.

Sound hifi have the OC9/MLII for £399, which would be the next step up...

A

Anonymous

Yeh I agree the OC9 might be the better bet, or just stick with my OC7.

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
The Ortofon OC20 hasn't been in production for over 10 years, are you sure this is the model number? There are plenty in the current range that would suit but I'll leave others to comment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts