canton 790dc

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have the Canton 790 Dc and a Harman Kardon AVR 5500 and DVD 25. The Cantons do not sound what they did in the shop, connected to Marantz. The Cantons do 4-8 Ohm. Are there any suggestions for a nice stereo combination?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Impressive speakers, a sound purchase for sure. How many hours of playing time do your speakers have so far? And how many hours did the speakers in the store have? What Marantz did you listen to? In the store I work in, I've listened to the Karat 790DC connected to a Marantz PM7001KI and SA7001KI alot of times, and they never fail to impress me. A Harman Kardon AVR-745 which we have hooked up too can drive the Cantons pretty well, but doesn't really bring out the best in them.

From what I can remember, the speakers sounded quite a bit different when they were fresh out of the box compared to how they sound now. And if you like the sound of the Marantz, why not shop for a Marantz stereo combination? You certainly don't have a bad receiver, but a surround receiver is a compromise most of the time. If all you do is listen to music, instead of watching dvd's then I highly recommend in getting a stereo amplifier. Getting a dedicated cd-player as opposed to a dvd player will reap some huge benefits too.

A

Anonymous

Thank you. The Cantons were show models, so I suppose they have been playing some time. In the shop they were connected to a Marantz SA-15S1 and PM-11S1. A new stereo should be able to drive at 4 Ohm. I am thinking of the Leema Pulse and Stream. Any suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts