Cant play Blu-rays on my media pc?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I got that anydvd hd working, it takes the protection off and it played fine, and started up after 1 minute, so happy days.

But I got to pay, so not happy really... LOL

I will buy a dvi to dvi, and I dont run 2 monitors.

Thanks guys, if dvi to dvi doesnt work, looks like I will be forking out for anydvd hd.

If I buy it, is it mine forever, or does it disable after a year. ?

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Depends on when you purchase it. If you purchase AnyDVDHD before the end of the year you get lifetime updates. Purchase next year and you are effectively on a subscription for updates. The updates are necessary as new protections are launched fairly regularly. If you are in to things like ripping then AnyDVDHD is pretty much an essential tool.

A

Anonymous

63.00 euros, LOL they must be having a laugh, I paid less than that for the player.

Will try the dvi to dvi, if not return the blu-ray player.

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
If you are not getting something like AnyDVDHD how are you going to get Hi Def media prepared for your Playon HD mini (assuming you are not naughtily downloading rips off the internet)

A

Anonymous

I guess I wont,

I have a hd graphics card which cost quite a bit when I bought it, and a 200.00 hd tv, and a quadcore pc and 50.00 for a blu-ray player.

But I cant play blu-rays? Doesnt seem right does it.

Dont see why I should have to pay another 69.00 just to watch my OWNED originals of my blu-rays.

Seems wrong doesnt it.

A

Anonymous

OK

Stil not working and I am going nuts, dvi to dvi not working, keeps saying digital connecting and nvidia is still saying the display is not hdcp.

Put the PC downstairs, brand new LG TV 42" and that too is saying the same thing.

Whats going on.

Someone must have a blu-ray player in their PC that they put in?

Thanks so much

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have just done a google of " is the 8600 gt hdcp compliant" and it seems not all are!

A quick read seems to say early dvi models are not, are you sure yours is?

A

Anonymous

Well looking on the 8600gt settings it says hdcp : your monitor is not hdcp.

I trust my tv as it has 2 hdmi ports and a dvi port, and its like a year old.

But hooked it up to the big tv and same issue.

I am starting to think the graphics card has problems, even though the advisor says its hdcp compatible I really dont think it is.

I dont know, went over about 100 forums and not one person that has had this problem said they solved it, which is nice.

The only thing is buying a brand new 2010 Graphics card with hdmi and hope for the best, or buy anydvd hd for 70.00 which I really dont want to do. as its just bypassing the problem.

A

Anonymous

from nvidia website

Q: Do these GPUs support HDCP?

A: All GeForce 8600 GTS cards are HDCP capable. GeForce 8600 GT and GeForce 8500 GT cards will support HDCP at the discretion of our board partners.

so some will some will not. great eh.

Since you have the same problem on both your tv's ( both modern sets ) I would assume the fault lies within the pc. before buying a new card I would make sure of your existing cards hdcp. by checking with the manufacturers website xfx/sparkle ect and that all drivers, graphics card & blu rom are up to date.

unfortunately htpc's are a pain to get set up perfectly and are far from plug and play.

A

Anonymous

xfx site says the 8600gt is hdcp compliant, thats what bugs me,

Went onto cyberlink forum, and some moron that works in the support dept just said make sure drivers are up to date, not like I did that first.. LOL

Maybe its the card, even though it says HDCP: YES on the XFX site.

A

Anonymous

My card is showing 1080 and so is my screen, not sure if going lower will help,.

I posted on cyberlink dvd, and someone responded saying post your stats and then deleted my post.

Nice bunch of people, seems tons of people are having this problem.

I must not be the only person who bought a internal blu-ray for a media PC to have this.

Thanks for staying with me guys

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
HDCP will not work on any higher refresh rate... well according to a fellow on here at least ...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-pcs-laptops-drives-media-software/19784-help-please-failed-enable-hdcp-fixed-see-post-25-a-3.html

same kind of trouble on here it seems (origional no show problem)...

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=154271

see on here ....

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/quick-pc-monitor-connection-questio/442479?ppp=40

'' HDCP is the thing, DVI and HDMI support it but you're graphics card
has to aswell. Or you can get Anydvd HD which removes this need.''

Maybe read-up on ''Anydvd HD then ?

A

Anonymous

Did the trial with anydvd hd and it great, but :

1. I dont want to pay 70.00 for it.

2. I dont see why I should have to buy a program just to bypass a hd signal if everything is capable of HD.

My TV wont go above 60hz anyway, I spoke wtih scan today, and they said If I put my pc on my new LG 42" lcd then its got to be the card, there is nothing else it could be they said.

I dont mind spending 30.00 for a new 2010 card, but it annoys me that my 8600gt is saying its hdcp, but from another person on another forum, they said that xfx used to say their cards are hdcp but wernt. so quite possibly this is what I have.

The card is like 4 years old.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Four years is a lifetime in the fast-moving world of HD. It was only four years ago that Blu-ray and HD DVD players/discs went on sale....

I feel your pain, but haven't you considered simply spending £100 on a Sony BDP-S370 Blu-ray player?

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
thems the joys of getting bluray to work on a PC. Took me a while to get to a stable setup with HD audio on both of my PCs

A

Anonymous

I have a sony 370 and its great.

But I want a media pc upstairs just for my PC, and if and when they make it legal to copy my own blu-rays, I can then stream them to my ac ryan, and wont have to get up off my seat... LOL I am so lazy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts