Cant play Blu-rays on my media pc?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

Got one of those samsung blu-ray players for my PC but they wont play it keeps telling me this:

cyberlink power dvd is not able to play protected content on your digital output device, switch to an analog output VGA D-SUB try again error code 0107.

I did a test and everything passed, the 8600gt card, except something called video connection type -digital without hdcp.

My screen is a 22" LG 1080p tv/monitor, not sure if its compliant, but I was not told certain things will play blu-ray, Mt card is good and everything is connected via DVI from PC to HDMI TV.

Whats going on, as cant watch blu-rays on my PC via cyberlink, and nothing else like windows media will play it.

Its a retail DVD.

Thanks guys

Oh the TV is this:
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/9404087/LG-22-inch-M227WD-HD-1080p-Freeview-Widescreen-LCD-TV/Product.html?_%24ja=tsid:11518|cat:9404087|prd:9404087

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the world of copyright protection. The drive is getting a signal that the display isn't an authorised device (or more to the point isn't getting a signal that it is) as this is not carried over DVI, and thus the problem.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
canada16:

Hey

Got one of those samsung blu-ray players for my PC but they wont play it keeps telling me this:

cyberlink power dvd is not able to play protected content on your digital output device, switch to an analog output VGA D-SUB try again error code 0107.

I did a test and everything passed, the 8600gt card, except something called video connection type -digital without hdcp.

My screen is a 22" LG 1080p tv/monitor, not sure if its compliant, but I was not told certain things will play blu-ray, Mt card is good and everything is connected via DVI from PC to HDMI TV.

Whats going on, as cant watch blu-rays on my PC via cyberlink, and nothing else like windows media will play it.

Its a retail DVD.

Thanks guys

cyberlink do a bluray player, but I think you need an upgrade http://www.cyberlink.com/products/index_en_GB.html

A

Anonymous

So its my TV then?

I have not broke any copy right stuff, I have a 1080p tv, a blu-ray reader and a genuine blu-ray?

Why does samsung sells these if you can really play them on your PC. I dont understand.

And why supply software for playing them, if they wont play?

Cheers for that

A

Anonymous

Im sorry I have no idea what I need, it says my monitor, from what I can understand is HDCP, and it looks like the 8600gt is as well.

I am very confused, I am not going to buy a new TV just for this blu-ray player. but I might buy a graphics card.

A

Anonymous

Hi, yes you are correct it is a HDCP connection issue. Both your graphics card and tv have to be HDCP compliant to work.

This is a copyright protection measure as equipment that is HDCP compliant will not let you copy the material.

most new cards and tv's are up to date to allow playback.

As mentioned in a previous post with the correct equipment you will need to use a HDMI lead as DVI does not support HDCP ( I think ).

regards Ian.

A

Anonymous

But on most sites including ebuyer it says my TV is HDCP, I only bought this tv like 1 year ago.

But my graphics car is like 3-4 years, but in the card settings it says my display is not hdcp.

I am very confused, I though I could just plug and play, afterall it is 2010, HD has been around for years now,

Does anyone know what I need to sort this out?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

And the xfx geforce 8600gt website is saying its hdcp as well.

A

Anonymous

ANYDVDHD is only a ripping program, its not allowing my to play anything.

Also the 8600gt has a DVI, so I have dvi tp hdmi.

Thanks But still not working

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
f800:If the 8600 has a HDMI skt you have to use it not a DVI.

Thats nonsence because i have blu-ray on my pc & my samsung monitor is connected via a DVI-D cable & blu-ray works just fine.

A

Anonymous

Well thats the problem DVI to HDMI is not HDCP compliant, you need a new graphics card.

Regards Ian.

A

Anonymous

Ok then my bad.

As far as I was aware they had to use the hdmi.

If not then you seem to have a driver issue. I'd try reloading the players driver or searching online for a new one

scene

canada16:
ANYDVDHD is only a ripping program, its not allowing my to play anything.

Also the 8600gt has a DVI, so I have dvi tp hdmi.

Thanks But still not working

AnyDVD HD should allow you to play blu rays if configured correctly. You may need to upgrade your software, but as others have said, the basic problem is that hdcp handshaking only works between two hdcp compliant devices if there is an hdcp compliant link between them, which limits you pretty much to an hdmi connection. A DVI cable is not hdcp compliant. This is the way it is and it is very, very annoying
emotion-12.gif

I believe if AnyDVD hd is configured right, it should allow playback of the blurry, but certain bd roms don't support this functionality, you should go on their forum and ask, they're very helpful.

A

Anonymous

My Card is DVI and the going to HDMI, so ... DVI one end and HDMI the other.

I know DVI is HDCP compliant and so is HDMI, but not sure if connected this way it is.

I cant understand why the card settings says my TV is not HDCP compliant, but websites that sell the screen says it is.

Surley I dont need a brand new TV just to play Blu-ray movies?

My panasonic Plasma was like 5 years old and that played blu-rays fine.

scene

canada16:
My Card is DVI and the going to HDMI, so ... DVI one end and HDMI the other.

I know DVI is HDCP compliant and so is HDMI, but not sure if connected this way it is.

I cant understand why the card settings says my TV is not HDCP compliant, but websites that sell the screen says it is.

Surley I dont need a brand new TV just to play Blu-ray movies?

My panasonic Plasma was like 5 years old and that played blu-rays fine.

Sorry, must re-read my posts before sending... Your Dvi cable may not be hdcp compliant...

A

Anonymous

So do I need to buy a new HDMI graphics card? Then link everything hdmi to hdmi?

I dont want to buy one if the card is not the problem,

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
I think your problem is in the dvi to hdmi connection. Dvi to dvi can be hdcp compliant and hdmi to dvi (for older hd sets before hdmi was released) can work though there can be handshaking issues (like the ones you're having), but I've heard of quite a few people experiencing handshaking issues when trying to feed a device that only has dvi output into an hdmi input. This configuration seems to throw up the most hdcp issues.

A

Anonymous

So should I just buy a dvi to dvi cable? or HDMI graphics card, and go hdmi to hdmi.

I been looking all night and LG site says my TV is HDCP and also on the web it says my 8600GT is HDCP.

Thanks, I got a massive headache now looking at pc all night

A

Anonymous

As mentioned by Tom Moreno said if you have a dvi skt on the tv then just use a straight dvi to dvi lead.

any dvdhd is far more than just a disc ripper it also allows the use of non hdcp compliant equipment and makes your drive multi region.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts