Can you delete your Own profile

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
davedotco said:
Gazzip said:
Forum: a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Nuff said. Say whatever you want about hifi mate.

Freedom of speech.

Say what you like about the subject under discussion and prepare to be called out when you post a load of twaddle.

If you can't handle that then time to do a 'flounce'.

The is one of the most easygoing forums that I post on or read, very polite.

+1

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Forums can be difficult. They are places where anybody, however small minded, intellectual, or qualified can have their say on an equal level. All you can do is try and make your point, hope that a likeminded few back you up and then move on. Occasionally it’s fun to stick around for a bit of banter, but throwing personal insults isn’t on. You know that fella.

QuestForThe13thNote said:
Otco or whoever he is insults me on every single post I’ve made for some time, when I’m being perfectly respectful and debating and as I say I have a breaking point. Same with that andrewjvt guy, daveh75 told me to F off because I pulled him up insulting someone else, and very few on here called it out!

It seems to me otco has limited nouse, that’s why insults by him have to happen. If you disrespect someone referring to me as he did in his post above which is clearly designed as a put down, as most of his are, and it’s incessant, he can expect a response. I will respond to idiots in the same way if pushed, as most will.

Sometimes the only way to deal with idiots is that which they meat out.

Sometimes the way to deal with trolls and idiots is by not responding or even opening up your ailment and foibles on a forum such as this, or any forum if you are as you say. Play music , chill out ,and stay away from forums.

If you think this forum is bad your eyes need really opening.

Forget this forum,life in the real world is what's required.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Al ears said:
davedotco said:
Gazzip said:
Forum: a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Freedom of speech.

Say what you like about the subject under discussion and prepare to be called out when you post a load of twaddle.

+1

im sorry mate you’ve just said plus one. In my book you are no better than otco. You are saying that if someone posts twaddle you should be called out ie you should say ‘that’s a load of twaddle or cr-p’ . I’d have a means and a way to say that in a respectful way on a normal thread of someone hasn’t annoyed me this way. Also you accept an attitude that if I can’t handle it being said in this way ie ‘that’s a load of twaddle’ I should leave not him or you. NO NO NO. that’s your bad attitude not mine, don’t you see. You are the one that gets called up, not me for telling you this is not on. And others should call you out too. This is what annoys me with some people’s attidudes. You don’t seem to have any compass online.

D

Deleted member 108165

Quest mate just give it a rest. If you want to debate then become an MP or go and spout your stuff at Speakers Corner.

They're all reasonable guys on here, you just have the knack of winding people up with your attitude and overly verbose posts.

But hey it's a public forum so who am I to dictate the rules, name call as much as you like... there'll only be one loser here...

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Gazzip said:
Forums can be difficult. They are places where anybody, however small minded, intellectual, or qualified can have their say on an equal level. All you can do is try and make your point, hope that a likeminded few back you up and then move on. Occasionally it’s fun to stick around for a bit of banter, but throwing personal insults isn’t on. You know that fella.

im not going to back down on idiots that regularly make points to belittle and who are the ones who should be called out, not me. The only reason nobody calls out on others on forums is because they don’t want to become the brunt of insult or put down. Eg daveh telling me to F off when I defended someone else who kept quiet. If you are in a debate on a forum and put people you down it doesn’t matter if you are Einstein or a thicko, you live by same rules it’s not on.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

DougK said:
Quest mate just give it a rest. If you want to debate then become an MP or go and spout your stuff at Speakers Corner.

They're all reasonable guys on here, you just have the knack of winding people up with your attitude and overly verbose posts.

But hey it's a public forum so who am I to dictate the rules, name call as much as you like... there'll only be one loser here...

no you give it a rest. If they are upsetting me because they think I’m winding them up, when I have no intention, then it’s something they have to sort out not me. And On a forum you are entitled to have a point of view and to debate. What’s reasonable of daveh telling me to F off, sticking up for the other guy, reasonable guy or arse-le

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
There's a place in your heart
And I know that it is love
And this place could be much
Brighter than tomorrow
And if you really try
You'll find there's no need to cry
In this place you'll feel
There's no hurt or sorrow
There are ways to get there
If you care enough for the living
Make a little space
Make a better place

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
davedotco said:
Gazzip said:

Freedom of speech.

+1

im sorry mate you’ve just said plus one. In my book you are no better than otco. You are saying that if someone posts twaddle you should be called out ie you should say ‘that’s a load of twaddle or cr-p’ . I’d have a means and a way to say that in a respectful way on a normal thread of someone hasn’t annoyed me this way. Also you accept an attitude that if I can’t handle it being said in this way ie ‘that’s a load of twaddle’ I should leave not him or you. NO NO NO. that’s your bad attitude not mine, don’t you see. You are the one that gets called up, not me for telling you this is not on. And others should call you out too. This is what annoys me with some people’s attidudes. You don’t seem to have any compass online.

You have the right to be offended.

However your posts do not offend me, they are mostly repetitive and boring, which is why I rarely bother to reply to them but you are on form tonight, great stuff.

I notice that, in another thread, you are calling for 'proper moderation', frankly that is hillarious.

You are a snowflake of the first order and run crying should someone offer an opinion that is different to your own or respond assertively to some of the twaddle that you post. Frankly this is meant neither an insult or a putdown, it is simply how you are, a matter of fact.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I’m not the problem, it’s all these other veiled people that are, who frankly shouldn’t be online because they are the ones that don’t mind put downs with easy throw away comments, jokes. And i don’t see why I should give up for these people. Why don’t you call it out and others too who regularly get put down and it’s unpleasant. It shouldn’t be the preserve of being on a forum and putting up and shutting up. As I say everyone has a break point and I’m at it !

if you are around a table at work and someone makes a throw away sarcastic joke comment to a serious comment that derides the persons point of view without saying why, like Vlad does all the time, with everyone looking on, wouldn’t you get annoyed. The number of times I ignore, and then it gets built up. I’m sure I’m not the only one. This sort of thing has to change online.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

If you want to do something about this and try and sort this out, like I am trying on the other post, you’d do something. The fact you don’t makes me look at you as even more of an ignorant arrogant man. I think people can see this from how much I actually care and sensitive to this, whereas you seem to revel in it.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
If you want to do something about this and try and sort this out, like I am trying on the other post, you’d do something. The fact you don’t makes me look at you as even more of an ignorant arrogant man. I think people can see this from how much I actually care and sensitive to this, whereas you seem to revel in it.

I'm sorry, do something about what?

Apart from you getting upset that some people dare to have a different view on hi-fi from yourself, I can't see a problem.

Sure you insult other posters quite often but, mostly, we are grownups and don't give a monkeys.

If this, generally rather polite forum, upsets you so much can I suggest that you stop reading it, retreat to a safe space for 'delicate snowflakes' and play with soft toys. Seriously.

daveh75

You really are one of the most irony impaired, hypocritical and self unaware people I've encountered!

But please do carry on, people are now starting to see you for exactly what you are (and why I called you out in the first place)

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

daveh75 said:
You really are one of the most irony impaired, hypocritical and self unaware people I've encountered!

But please do carry on, people are now starting to see you for exactly what you are (and why I called you out in the first place)

you called out me because I stuck up for someone you called a ***** then you told me to F off.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

davedotco said:

Apart from you getting upset that some people dare to have a different view on hi-fi from yourself, I can't see a problem.

Sure you insult other posters quite often but, mostly, we are grownups and don't give a monkeys.

If this, generally rather polite forum, upsets you so much can I suggest that you stop reading it, retreat to a safe space for 'delicate snowflakes' and play with soft toys. Seriously.

you don’t think there is a problem with the way you feel by what you say to upset people, then what you get back. You don’t give a monkeys about being insulted so you do insult. That pretty much says it all about your attitude. I’ve insulted as a reaction to insult. Or is because you are tough and gurrrrgghhh. Put up with it. You sound like someone who is probably really homophobic by your comments about snowflakes. All you want to do is come on and jump on the bandwagon as you do every time like nasty andrewjvt and the daveh idiot who tells people to F off after I stick up for another person who he calls a *****.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:

you don’t think there is a problem with the way you feel by what you say to upset people, then what you get back. Or is because you are tough and gurrrrgghhh. Put up with it. You sound like someone who is probably really homophobic by your comments about snowflakes. All you want to do is come on and jump on the bandwagon as you do every time like nasty andrewjvt and the daveh idiot who tells people to F off after I stick up for him calling someone a *****.

Now you are calling me a homophobe. You really are special!

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

davedotco said:
davedotco said:

you don’t think there is a problem with the way you feel by what you say to upset people, then what you get back. Or is because you are tough and gurrrrgghhh. Put up with it. You sound like someone who is probably really homophobic by your comments about snowflakes. All you want to do is come on and jump on the bandwagon as you do every time like nasty andrewjvt and the daveh idiot who tells people to F off after I stick up for him calling someone a *****.

no I called you someone who sounds like one. You don’t give a monkeys about insult so you freely give it back. You insult all my posts in an aggressive and antagonising way and you can expect to get it back both barrels if you keep on doing it. I take no prisoners. If you are going to keep talking disrespectfully to people you are going to get a life lesson on this.

daveh75

daveh75 said:

you called out me because I stuck up for someone you called a ***** then you told me to F off.

No I told you to F off because of the hypocrisy in you telling people how to behave...

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
davedotco said:

no I called you someone who sounds like one. You don’t give a monkeys about insult so you freely give it back. You insult all my posts in an aggressive and antagonising way and you can expect to get it back both barrels if you keep on doing it. I take no prisoners.

While you are at it, perhaps you can explain how someone who gets upset by comments on a hi-fi forum is anything but a snoflake?

(Edited for spelling)

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

daveh75 said:
daveh75 said:

No I told you to F off because of the hypocrisy in you telling people how to behave...

yes absolutely I’d call you out if you call someone a ***** with zero provocation on the other guys behalf who was messaging me about you. And I’ve checked your posts out and I see a pattern....

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

davedotco said:
davedotco said:
davedotco said:

no I called you someone who sounds like one. You don’t give a monkeys about insult so you freely give it back. You insult all my posts in an aggressive and antagonising way and you can expect to get it back both barrels if you keep on doing it. I take no prisoners.

While you are at it, perhaps you can explain how someone who gets upset by comments on a hi-fi forum is anything but a snoflake?

(Edited for spelling)

ive absolutely no idea what you are saying as often the case with you. For me you antagonise and seem to take pleasure in the posts you post in response to mine. I will find examples.

You say There is the right for me to be offended. But no I don’t agree in the ways I’ve said. Puts downs. Aggression , told to F off, called what you were in your post which started this off with me and you. There are rules online which govern this stuff.

daveh75

daveh75 said:
daveh75 said:

yes absolutely I’d call you out if you call someone a ***** with zero provocation on the other guys behalf who was messaging me about you. And I’ve checked your posts out and I see a pattern....

Damn right there's a pattern!!!

You'll notice it's only you and bomber I have an issue with, and I suggest you look through yours and his posting history to see why that might be...

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

daveh75 said:
daveh75 said:
daveh75 said:

Your absolutely right theres a pattern, and you'll notice it's only you and bomber I have an issue with, and I suggest you look through yours and his posting history to see why that might be...

oh you mean you have an issue with me because I’ve called you out for calling someone a *****, you tell me to ‘respectfully f off’ and then you come on here, and it’s really you that I have an issue with. An issue for being called out for calling someone a ***** with no provocation.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
davedotco said:
davedotco said:

(Edited for spelling)

ive absolutely no idea what you are saying as often the case with you. For me you antagonise and seem to take pleasure in the posts you post in response to mine. I will find examples.

I appreciate that your english is not great, but I go to some lengths to make my posts as clear as possible.

Correcting the twaddle in some of your posts is the primary aim, "antagonising" is just a bonus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts