Can the LG 32LF7700 Freesat Television be used to receive other satellites?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying the 32LF7700 from LG but was wondering if the onboard tuner can be used to receive signals from Hotbird 13.0 E instead of Freesat at 28.2 E. I suspect it's fixed for Freesat but LG don't appear to know themselves! They referred to the dealers who stock the TV! (Who don't know!) I've heard the Panasonic Freesat TV can..

Obviously I'd move my dish to 13.0 E.

Please respond someone!

daveh75

Depends if it has a non-freesat mode or not, like panasonic tv's and freesat stb's.

In non-Freesat mode the they basically work as non-platform specific (FTA) receivers, and will pick up channels from any satellite your dish is aligned to.

EDIT-Just had a look at the manual on-line, and it does have a non-freesat mode so yes you will be able to use it to pick up Hotbird.

Manual HERE(click on the "support" tab) see page 34 for freesat/non freesat tuning......

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Excuse my lack of knowledge in this area, but I have a Panasonic TXP 42G10, which obviously has an integrated freesat tuner. I'm contemplating whether it's worth installing a sattellite dish in a rented property, which I will probably only be living in for a year. As far as I understand, I can get Richer Sounds to install a dish for £80, so might be worth the outlay...

Here are the questions: what are the differences between aligning a dish to pick up signals from these two different sattellites? Do you get considerably more channels with one rather than the other? Does one offer more HD content? Can you pick up BBC and ITV HD from both? If anyone can clarify these points for me it would be much appreciated and help me decide if it's worth going the freesat route.

Thanks
emotion-21.gif

daveh75

strapped for cash:
Excuse my lack of knowledge in this area, but I have a Panasonic TXP 42G10, which obviously has an integrated freesat tuner. I'm contemplating whether it's worth installing a sattellite dish in a rented property, which I will probably only be living in for a year. As far as I understand, I can get Richer Sounds to install a dish for £80, so might be worth the outlay...

Here are the questions: what are the differences between aligning a dish to pick up signals from these two different sattellites? Do you get considerably more channels with one rather than the other? Does one offer more HD content? Can you pick up BBC and ITV HD from both? If anyone can clarify these points for me it would be much appreciated and help me decide if it's worth going the freesat route.

Thanks
emotion-21.gif

The short answer is the Astra 2 @28.2 east,(as used by Sky/Freesat) carries uk programming.

Hotbird @ 13 east is a pan-european satellite and as the name suggest's carries european programming,though it does have some english/english speaking channnels.

It doesn't carry the BBC and ITV channels and there are no FTA HD channels that i can think of.See HERE for a list of the FTA channels available on Hotbird's 6,8 and 9

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
strapped for cash:Excuse my lack of knowledge in this area, but I have a Panasonic TXP 42G10, which obviously has an integrated freesat tuner. I'm contemplating whether it's worth installing a sattellite dish in a rented property, which I will probably only be living in for a year.

Make sure you check with the landlord, it might be forbidden in your contract.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info. So I guess, unless you're European, it makes sense to stick with the standard UK Freesat format, despite the very limited HD content. I'll need to get the landlord to sign a Way Leave form, but that shouldn't be a problem.

daveh75

strapped for cash:Thanks for the info. So I guess, unless you're European, it makes sense to stick with the standard UK Freesat format, despite the very limited HD content. I'll need to get the landlord to sign a Way Leave form, but that shouldn't be a problem.
Pretty much yeah.If it's UK content/channels you're after then Astra 2 is the way to go.

TRENDING THREADS