can someone help me connect myHifi to my NEC Plasma TV

michaelm1280

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello i have a NEC Plasma tv and it has no sound built in so iwantto get my 3 disk Phillips cd hifi player connected to it i have a phono to phono lead i have hifi on AUX butstill no sound hope someone can help me sorry if this is posted in the wrong place i have just joined today and ifanyone needs pictures of side of tv or hifi i can provide as long as i get told how to post in here thank you all for your time hope someone can help me

michaelm1280

May 26, 2014
Visit site
https://www.nec-infonet2.com/secProducts/secTechnicalDocuments/documents/42VM5_42VP5_42VR5.pdf

found this manual online this is the tv i have this will be better then pictures i would think

michaelm1280

May 26, 2014
Visit site
would a toslink work or optical cable and all i have at moment is phono lead and want to connect my hifi tothe tvwould my speackers for hifi work as speackers for tv underneath or are the wrong type?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I'd say hi-fi speakers would work (according to the manual).

B EXT SPEAKER L and R

Connect speakers (optional) here. Maintain the correct

polarity. Connect the (positive) speaker wire to the

EXT SPEAKER terminal and the (negative)

speaker wire to the EXT SPEAKER terminal on

both LEFT and RIGHT channels.

Please refer to your speaker’s owner’s manual.

Are there speaker wires on the back of the tv?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
As it has 'no speakers built in' I'm baffled as to how you've been using it so far. I'd assumed you'd been using its speaker outs and now wanted to incorporate the hifi.

michaelm1280

May 26, 2014
Visit site
been using my ps3 but using ps2 audio via hifi for sound and tv for picture but last thursday i got virgin media tv service installed and want my tivo box to work with sound

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
You have two options. You could get an AV receiver, but it'd have to be something pretty old to connect to your tv. Better would be to buy a new tv. BUT what inputs does your Philips hifi have?

Antony Brown

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
The TV isn't a TV but is a monitor. You need to hook up your Tivo box to the AUX input on the hifi (using the analogue L & R outputs from the Tivo.) Then seperately you will ned to connect the Tivo to the monitor, using whatever appropriate cabling. That should sort out your sound issues.

TRENDING THREADS