Question Can i use a Klipsch the fives in a 5.1.2?

Kiings

Jul 6, 2022
Visit site
Hi,

(First post) I have a bookshelf speakers Klipsch the fives but now i want to build a 5.1.2 setup and i'm not sure what AVR buy to enable my speakers to be use in a 5.1.2 config.

If you could gave me some AVs or what i need to look for in a AV that enable my speakers in a 5.1.2 it would help me a lot.

I'm a newbie so any tips would help. Thank you for answering my question.

treesey

Hi,

(First post) I have a bookshelf speakers Klipsch the fives but now i want to build a 5.1.2 setup and i'm not sure what AVR buy to enable my speakers to be use in a 5.1.2 config.

If you could gave me some AVs or what i need to look for in a AV that enable my speakers in a 5.1.2 it would help me a lot.

I'm a newbie so any tips would help. Thank you for answering my question.

Can I just understand... why do you want 5.1.2 - if you are listening to music, then the extra two 'upper' speakers won't add anything? and if you are watching films then I'd post this question in the Video/Home cinema section?

treesey

?
He doesn't have to. The AVR, if it has preouts, can feed the actives and power the other 3.1.2
He has to buy a centre, subwoofer and 4 other speakers, so he can buy whatever floats his boat.

Reactions: Kiings

Kiings

Jul 6, 2022
Visit site
Those are powered speakers. So an AVR won't work as such.

Are you planning to have 5 Klipsch the Fives?

No, I already have 1 pair of The Fives and now i want a 5.1.2 system.
I don't want to "lose" those speakers, so i need to know if they would work and then i just need to buy 3 more (1 center, 2 rear).

Kiings

Jul 6, 2022
Visit site
Can I just understand... why do you want 5.1.2 - if you are listening to music, then the extra two 'upper' speakers won't add anything? and if you are watching films then I'd post this question in the Video/Home cinema section?

Yes i want the 5.1.2 for movies, i didn't know where where ask my question.
I need to delete this post and ask in that section? or someone can move this thread there?

gasolin

No, I already have 1 pair of The Fives and now i want a 5.1.2 system.
I don't want to "lose" those speakers, so i need to know if they would work and then i just need to buy 3 more (1 center, 2 rear).

You can't buy 3 Klipsch the fives, you have to buy 4 and a theres no center speaker in the "Klipsch the fives" series ,those there are, are for the rp series and they are passive

Get a propper surround set up istead of what your trying to do

Kiings

Jul 6, 2022
Visit site
You can't buy 3 Klipsch the fives, you have to buy 4 and a theres no center speaker in the "Klipsch the fives" series ,those there are, are for the rp series and they are passive

Get a propper surround set up istead of what your trying to do

I did not express myself very well, I don't want to buy any other the fives, i just want to reuse them as a LF and RF in a 5.1.2 config and you already answer my question thanks. Now i just need and a AV whith a preouts for the fives and then i need 3 more pasive speakers.

I'm thinking in a Marantz NR1711 for what i read it has a preouts for my the fives.

treesey

?? why do some people strive not to answer the question?

He wants advice on how to have a 5.1 system (not sure about the .2 bit), so why tell him he's wrong?

He wants decent sound from the front two speakers (so he's using the active speakers he already has), and the surround aspect of the sound can be powered by an AVR - so he will be using the amps in the AVR, just not all of them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts