can I pre amp my Musical Fedelity M6 amp

millerman

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a Nad amp and cd player. I have just upgraded my amp to a Musical Fedility m6 the first question then, is it possible to use my Nad amp as a pre amp to the new MF amp. also if it is possible will it give me any noticable improvement in sound quality.

The second quesiton, I am also upgrading my CD player with a budget of £3k. I like the MF stuff but is diffiuclt to find a review that compares it to other similar level CD players. I would be interested in views if anyone has any experience of this type of comparison.

I have seom CD players in mind to try, NIAM, Linn, Rega. but the Cirius has a number of very good reviews. Whilst it is considerably cheaper the reivews often mention is out compares much higher priced machines. Again I would value any opinions on this.

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I wouldn't see any point in connecting the NAD amp between the player and the M6. It will do nothing to improve the sound, and will probably detract from it.

Haven't heard the M6 or the recent MF players, but the Naim CD5i is an excellent buy, and the magazine rates the current Cyrus line-up. But at this level you really need to do some serious listening to some alternatives.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Ditto! Cant see why you would want to do that with a 2 and a half grand (ish) amp! Flog the NAD and put the money towards a half decent cd player.

millerman

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys thats very useful to know.

I am a bit of luddite on this stuff. As for the CD player, I have a local HIFI shop that is very trust worthy but doesnt stock the brands I mentioned at least not to listen to.

Once again thanks

A

Anonymous

Hello and welcome mate. It's Musical Fidelity and Cyrus by the way.

I would find a dealer who can set you up with a few demos even if they are a bit of a travel away.

I would go for the newer Cyrus models over MF to be honest.

millerman

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Graham

Thanks for the welcome and the correction, ahem....

I intend to listen to the Cyrius, however the build quality keeps on getting numerous mentions and this is putting me off.

By the way the MF amp is getting warmed up and boy does it expose bad recordings. Does it annoy anyone else in that you get some nice kit and the recordings let you down.

regards

TRENDING THREADS