Can I have your recommendations for cleaning vinyl

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I want to clean up all my old vinyl so can I have your recommendations on how to do this. I read about a record cleaner which did a good job by giving it a bath in a liquid but not to use the supplied liquid as this caused a build up of white stuff on the stylus.

How do you clean your vinyl? Recommendations please.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I've heard excellent reviews about the Knosti Antistatic cleaner. It's a wet cleaner, but a cheap alternative to the vacuum models (retails at about £40). Do a search on amazon/ebay for it.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I started off with a Knosti Antistat but I would really recommend a vacuum cleaning machine. I would highly recommend the Cadence Okki Nokki and strongly recommend L'Art du Son record cleaning fluid. Its not cheap but one bottle goes a long way and I've had excellent results with it.

Rob998

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I use a Knosti and it is great. However I make my own fluid due to residue issues with the supplied stuff.

1 part Isopropyl Alcohol (99.9%)

3 parts Distilled (or de-ionised) water

a couple of drops of dishwasher rinse aid (no particular brand, just whatever Mrs Rob has bought)

All easily available from the net (apart from the rinse-aid, which is easily available from under the sink....), I use http://www.apcpure.com/ but other lab supply companies are available.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
+ 1 for the Knosti.

Never had a problem with the supplied stuff apart from the price but like others here I am in the process of making my own as it's so damn easy and no need to re-use being nice and cheap. :grin:

A

Anonymous

I bought a used Moth vacuum record cleaner from eBay. it does an excellent job, and well worth the money if you have a large number of records.

What ever cleaning option you go for make sure you rinse the records thoroughly as I found any detergent left behind resulted in pops and crackles and significantly poorer results.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

The best way is a vacuum type machine, it doesn't matter what make it is. I've tried other methods and apart from being very labor intensive they are nowhere near as effective.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts